Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Characters That Make Me Angry


It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I am linking up for the meme over at The Broke and the Bookish again this week. This week we had a little bit of a choice with what we wanted to do. They gave us the prompt "The Top Ten Characters That X" and we were given the freedom to pick how we want to fill in the blank. I decided I would talk about some of the characters that make me angry. Let's face it, it does happen!

1. Rowan / The Six Days by Anna Carolyn McCormally 
I have to admit, I was fooled by this character. He was so sympathetic, helpful, and believable. I desperately wanted to believe that he was exactly who he said he was, but it did not end up that way at all. He ended up being a total jerk, and I spent the end of the book wanting to punch him so hard!

2. Peter / Divergent Series by Veronica Roth 
How can you not hate Peter? Sure, he gets a little better as the series continues. I mean, I guess so, it depends on how you look at it. However, in the first book it is pretty easy to dislike him and be angry with him. Sure, sometimes his witty comments are a little amusing, but he really is just a huge jerk. I had no problem being angry with him throughout the series.

3. Jeanine Matthews / Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
Yeah, I can't help having another character from Divergent. I have been a bit obsessed with it (you could call seeing the movie three times in theaters obsessed, right?). I think it would be nearly impossible not to hate Jeanine, unless you just love seeing wonderful main characters suffer. I was shocked that someone could be so brainwashed and evil. She proves that it is possible, though.

4. Bellatrix Lestrange / Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling 
I know that some people absolutely love Bellatrix in the HP series. Now, if I'm being honest, she is a wonderful evil character. Rowling did a wonderful job with that, as she did a wonderful job with all of her characters. However, I am not a big fan of the evil characters, it's just not my style. Besides, she is the one who killed Sirius Black, and that is more than enough to upset me!

5. Lucius Malfoy / Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling 
It's Lucius Malfoy. I think that is enough said.

6. Gale Hawthorne / The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins 
Now, I know this might be an unpopular opinion, and I am okay with that. I cannot stand Gale, not in the book and not in the movie. Honestly, I feel like he is mostly a waste of space. While I realize it is supposed to be a love triangle, it never really seemed that way to me. Maybe because Gale wasn't in the games. Still, it always seemed like he was throwing fits and saying stupid stuff. I just don't like him, sorry. 

7. Rogerson Biscoe / Dreamland by Sarah Dessen 
You probably all know by now that I am a huge Sarah Dessen fan. While I usually love all of the male characters she creates, there is a very good reason why this one makes me angry. He is very abusive in his relationship, something that I am obviously not okay with at all. He is very easy to hate as well. 

8. Death / The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
This one is probably pretty obvious. While I love the idea of death narrating the book and I think that it added something wonderful to the story, I certainly do not love death at all. And after getting attached to the characters, I was very angry and upset when death decided to start being more active in the story. Not okay! 

9. Andy Evans / Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson 
I absolutely LOVE this book. It is one of my favorites. If I have friended you on Goodreads and your "add friend" situation required a recommendation, I most likely typed this title in the box. You're welcome. Of course, based on the synopsis, you know the total jerk is involved, and his name is Andy Evans. He very much deserves to be hated by everyone! 

10. George Harvey / The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold 
If you have read this book, have seen the movie, or know anything about it you will understand exactly why he makes me much more than angry! 

There we have it! While I am sure there are many more characters that have made me angry, these are the first that come to mind as I think about it. Are there any characters that make you angry? (or that you secretly completely hate?) 





2 comments:

  1. All of these make me want to scream, especially Peter!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellatrix is crazy.......her character certainly came to life with Helena Bonham Carter's performance onscreen!

    As for Gale, I see where you're coming from. Waste of space - that pretty much sums him up. I don't think he is of much use to anything in the book, just that he's Katniss' friend and that he's into being a rebellion. He does seem to be seen as an outcast because he's not in the Games, that's why.

    Josette
    Books Love Me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs