Thursday, April 3, 2014

Contemporary YA Books I Love OR Want to Read #AtoZChallenge


Contemporary has easily been one of my favorite genres for as long as I have been reading (well, as long as I have been enjoying reading). I have read some AMAZING contemporary novels, but I have found an even longer list of them that I am dying to read after reading reviews of them and seeing information on Goodreads. As it is C day for my A-to-Z Challenge, I thought I would talk about the contemporary books that I love, and the ones that I really want to buy and read.

Contemporary YA Books I Love: 


Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson: I know, I know. I talk about this book All. The. Time. That is because it is that awesome. At the moment I think that they are doing something to celebrate the 15th year of this book being out, but I need to look more into it. I happened upon it today, but it was a crazy day so I didn't have a chance to really read it.
Along for the Ride - Sarah Dessen: Yup, you guessed it. You had to know that a Sarah Dessen book was going to show up on the list, right? While I love all of Dessen's books, this one is by far my favorite one. I love Auden and Eli, and they make the book for me.
Fixing Delilah - Sarah Ockler: This is more of a recent favorite. I didn't happen upon this book until a couple of months ago when I picked it up at the library. I absolutely loved it, and the characters and plot were very enjoyable. I tried to read another of Ockler's books, but barely got through two chapters; it just was not my thing.


Me Since You - Laura Wiess: This one is a recent read as well. I received an eGalley of it from NetGalley, and was very happy to finally get around to reading it. While it was definitely an emotional roller coaster, it was one that I enjoyed very much.
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green: I know some people might be tired of hearing about this book, but I do not think that I could ever feel that way. I absolutely love it, and I cannot believe that it took me so long to finally read it. I am definitely glad that I did though, and now I look forward to re-reading it.
Pretty Girl-13 - Liz Coley: This book was much darker than I was expecting it to be from the synopsis. Sure, the plot stated tells that it might have a little bit to it, but I was surprised! I don't usually read dark books, but I really enjoyed this one.

Contemporary YA Books I Want to Read:


The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han
Paper Towns - John Green: Just bought this one this week.
My Life Next Door - Huntley Firzpatrick: I've had this one for a few months, but haven't read it yet.


Golden - Jess Kirby
Faking Normal - Courtney C. Stevens
Open Road Summer - Emery Lord 

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell 
The Break-Up Artist - Philip Siegel 
The Impossible Knife of Memory - Laurie Halse Anderson: I have this one as well, but have yet to read it.

Honestly, I could probably go on and on about the books that I want to read, so I will leave it at that. Do you have any YA Contemps. you would suggest?










2 comments:

  1. I've read a number of these and enjoyed them too. Fixing Delilah was especially a nice surprise I found at the library. It's one of the few YA books where the family drama and inter-generational relationships were prominent.

    I suspect you might really enjoy Deb Caletti's books. I especially liked Wild Roses, The Nature of Jade, and Honey, Baby, Sweetheart. Sara Zarr's How to Save a Life is great. I really want to read her Lucy Variations.

    Happy A-Zing
    Laurel
    Laurel's Leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Fixing Delilah. It was one of those books that I picked up just because the cover was interesting and I had remembered seeing it on Goodreads. Boy, am I glad that I did! I LOVED the way that the family relationships were handled as well.

      I have heard wonderful things about Deb Caletti's books, and I cannot believe I still have not read them. At one point I know I actually owned a couple of them but had not read them, now I've gotten married and moved and I'm not positive where they are! I will definitely look into them, though. Thank you for stopping by! :]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs