Sunday, April 20, 2014

Quiet Place to Read? #AtoZChallenge


Recently, I came across a post on Facebook asking followers where their favorite spot to read was/is. I believe this may have been an author asking (I love when they interact with fans/readers), and I was interested to see the answers. A lot of them required one thing: Quiet. I found it a bit funny, honestly, because I am not one of those people. Sure, I would love to have a reading nook like the ones you find on Pinterest, but silence is not mandatory. In fact, if I only read when it was quiet, I would never find any time to read! No, I am one of those people that can read in almost any environment. I love having the television on for background noise; I don't like when it is too quiet. I have no problem blocking out voices and noises and getting into the story, but I know this is not easy for everyone.

How about you? How/where do you prefer to read?




3 comments:

  1. I'm kinda in the middle. I don't need absolute silence (that would be even more distracting to me) but I don't love it totally noisy either. TV on soft works for me. Or having the window open so natural noise comes in.

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can read anywhere, especially today thanks to technology. I think it depends on the day, but reading and sunbathing was always great fun, it can be quiet or noisy, but at night in bed when the house is absolutely still love to end my day reading ... and sometime the reading is so good I end up sleeping less than I planned. #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can block out noise like the tv without any problems. In fact, I've been known to play music just so it's not quite when I read. Of course, this leads to a problem when I read in public and someone says something like 'isn't that right, Amy?' and I look up and go 'huh?' because, sadly, I missed almost all the conversation and haven't a clue what they're talking about. Yeah, sometimes I shouldn't read around other people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs