Saturday, April 19, 2014

Stacking the Shelves [8]

I am joining in on Stacking The Shelves, a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews. It is an easy way to share what books you picked up that week, and to see what other people have picked up to read themselves.

How to Participate?

  • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
  • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!
  • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.
  • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!
  • Visit other participants link to find out what they added to their shelves!

 My book haul was pretty nice this week. A lot of them were free ebooks I got on my kindle, though I did purchase a couple of ebooks as well. Along with that, I borrowed a book from a friend, received a print book from an author as a thank you for reviewing the ebook, and I received my very first print ARC from a publisher in the mail! Along with that, I made a trip to Barnes and Noble with my mom yesterday, and she got to see just how much I can nerd out at a book store. I want all of the books! Anyway, here is a wrap up of what I received/bought this week!

Purchased:

Gone (Gone #1) by Michael Grant
The Program (The Program #1) by Suzanne Young
The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass

(Apparently I was in to buying book 1 in series this time)

Gifted: 

Crystal Magic (signed) by Madeline Freeman - This is the one I received as a thank you for reviewing the ebook on Amazon. I REALLY enjoyed the book, so I am thrilled to have a print copy of it!

For Review: 

How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love (ARC) by Ken Baker - was thrilled when I received this in the mail yesterday. When I requested it, I did not think that I would actually be accepted, so I was sooo happy!

Borrowed: 

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling - My friend let me borrow this one, and I am excited to read it!

What did you add to your shelves this week? 


6 comments:

  1. nice haul of books. I always liked by the 1st book of a series as well to see if I like the concept of the series. great stack this week.

    Grace
    books of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy Kaling's book is SO GOOD - you are in for a definite treat. I was literally laughing with tears in my eyes while reading that book.
    Happy reading and have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower, hi! I loved The Selection. I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea but I fell in love with the Prince so any flaws it had were probably vastly overlooked... I'm shallow like that! I've had The Program for forever, I think I pre-ordered it originally and I still haven't read it. I might make it my next read as it's been a while since I had anything Dystopian.

    This week I visited UK's most beautiful library! Find me Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great haul! I really love Gone and The Selection, they are two of my all time favorite series so I hope you enjoy them just as much! Congrats on your first book from a publisher as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH, I hope you enjoy The Program! So good! Hope you can stop by OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Gone and The Selection are so good! I need to read The Program and that ARC looks really good! I am loving the Mindy Project tv show, so should really read her book.
    Check out my STS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs