As I was trying to decide how I wanted to handle my end of the year review/wrap up post, I came across this survey from Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner, and decided that it was exactly what I was looking for. I might add/adjust a couple of things, but other than that it looks wonderful! Want to fill it out as well? Feel free to join in! Jamie has a link up for those who participate so you can check out everyone else's survey, too.
Number of Books You Read: 129
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read the Most From: YA Dystopian
1. Best Book You Read in 2014?
(If you have to cheat - you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell...Positive by Paige Rawl with Ali Benjamin...The Book Thief by Markus Zusak...and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going to Love More But Didn't?
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I didn't love it!
3. Most Surprising (in a good or bad way) Book You Read in 2014?
Good Way - The Book Thief (I put this one off for awhile, and hate that I did, it was so amazing!)
Bad Way - The Secret Diamond Sisters (I didn't expect to hate it, I thought I would love it...nope)
4. Book You "Pushed" the Most People to Read (And They Did) in 2014?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Anytime I have students that aren't sure what to read, I pick these up for them in the library. I have definitely suggested them to family and friends as well. I'm not sure how many have actually read them, though.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best Series Started - Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki
Best Sequel - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Best Ender - Creators by Tiffany Truitt
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
I discovered a lot of new authors this year, but my favorite would definitely be E.V. Fairfall. Cannot wait for her book to release in 2015!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Twilight Saga graphic novels - they were my first graphic novels ever, and I really did enjoy them.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell. This book had a lot of action, and was certainly thrilling. I definitely could not put it down.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki - I will want to re-read it before the sequel comes out. I read this one as an e-book before it was decided to release a physical book, so it's been awhile!
10. Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2014?
Endless by Amanda Gray
11. Most Memorable Character of 2014?
Hazel Grace Lancaster - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2014?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (because J.K. Rowling)
13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Positive by Paige Rawl - EVERYONE needs to read this book!
14. Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2014 to Finally Read?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From a Book You Read in 2014?
This one is pretty difficult because I was not very good about marking quotes in books this year, I am going to try to be better about that in 2015!
This is one I do remember loving from Dear Killer though, so I will use that one:
“Sometimes I imagine we're all like paper stars, folded up and gathered together, each of us convinced that we are glittering and celestial, each of us bent into a shape so we believe we're something we're not.”
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read in 2014?
Shortest - Jellybean Kisses: Book One by Amy Evans (42 Pages)
Longest - Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen (672 Pages)
17. Book That Shocked You the Most?
(because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Allegiant by Veronica Roth - if you've read it, you know why. No spoilers.
18. OTP of the Year (you will go down with this ship!)?
Hazel and Gus from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship of the Year?
Katniss and Prim Everdeen from The Hunger Game Series. I just love their sister relationship, it's beautiful in the books and movies.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From an Author You've Read Previously?
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
21. Best Book You Read in 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY on a Recommendation from Somebody Else/Peer Pressure?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
22. Newest Fictional Crush from a Book You Read in 2014?
Peeta! Probably not new to most people, but I read the whole series this year, and I just love Peeta.
23. Best 2014 Debut You Read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting you Read this Year?
So, you can probably see this coming since I re-read one of the books...but Harry Potter is always going to win on these types of questions.
25. Book That Put a Smile on Your Face/Was the Most FUN to Read?
My True Love Gave to Me. I loved reading all the holiday stories, and the short romances were adorable!
26. Book that Made You Cry in 2014?
The Fault in Our Stars...cried like a baby, it happens.
27. Hidden Gem of the Year?
The Lost Souls series by Tiffany Truitt. I had not heard anything of it before the blog tour, and I devoured the whole series, it was wonderful.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
There were quite a few on this one, actually...Let's go with We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
29. Most Unique Book You Read in 2014?
Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell...it was unlike anything I have ever read!
30. Book That Made You the Most Mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)?
Mockingjay...and I did not like it, not one bit.
1. New Favorite Book Blog you Discovered in 2014?
I just started blogging this year, so all the blogs I discovered were this year. There are a ton I can mention, but I think that I will probably do a whole other post just to talk about some of the book blogs I love, so I am going to save it until then!
2. Favorite Review that you Wrote in 2014?
I enjoyed writing a ton of my reviews, but I would say my favorite one would probably be the one I wrote about Dear Killer or The Book Thief.
3. Best Discussion/Non-Review Post You Had on Your Blog?
I really enjoyed the Top Ten Tuesdays that I completed, and I also really enjoyed hosting the Blogger Spotlights that I did.
4. Best Event that you Participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Once again, I will say that I really enjoyed participating in Top Ten Tuesday this year.
5. Best Moment of Bookish/Blogging Life in 2014?
I would say that this would definitely be starting my blog! It's obviously the best blogging moment for me, since it had to happen for me to be here.
6. Most Popular Post This Year on Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
It looks like my Stacking the Shelves posts definitely got the most views!
7. Post You Wished Got a Little More Love?
I do wish that my Cover Concepts posts would get a little bit more love.
8. Best Bookish Discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Book Outlet! I knew nothing about it before, and it is the greatest thing ever now. You can get so many great, newer releases at wonderful prices.
9. Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges or Goals that you had Set for Yourself at the Beginning of the Year?
I achieved my first Goodreads goal of reading 100 books by May, so then I upped it to 150, but I did not achieve that one.
1. One Book You Didn't Get to in 2014 But Will be Your #1 Priority in 2015?
The Young Elites by Marie Lu. I received this one for Christmas, so now I intend to read it ASAP.
2. Book You are Most Anticipating for 2015 (non-debut)?
Fairest and Winter by Marissa Meyer. Cannot wait to finish The Lunar Chronicles!
3. 2015 Debut You are Most Anticipating?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
4. Series Ending/A Sequel you are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Same as the book I am most anticipating, Fairest and Winter by Marissa Meyer
5. One Thing You Hope to Accomplish or Do in Your Reading/Blogging Life in 2015?
To successfully accomplish all of the challenges I set for myself.
6. A 2015 Release You've Already Read & Recommend to Everyone?
Sleeping Tom by E.V. Fairfall!
This was lots of fun! Thanks for helping make 2014 such a great year, I love all of my readers/followers, and I hope that you all have an amazing New Year!