Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2015 | Bookish, Blogging, or Otherwise
It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I'm linking up over at The Broke and The Bookish. It's hard to believe that this will be the last TTT of 2014, but I am excited to continue with this meme into the new year. I hope to stick to it weekly if possible, and hopefully I will be successful with that. This week's prompt makes sense, as a lot of us begin making goals and resolutions at the end of December for the new year. I have seen a lot of Booktube videos already about this same topic, and I have spent a lot of time thinking about and writing down my own goals/resolutions. I have decided to leave this list just to books and blogging, and might post more of a lifestyle list on my personal blog. Anyway, here are my Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2015.
1. Read 100 Books - Like I talked about in my challenges video last week, I intend to set my Goodreads Reading Goal to 100 books this year, and will just leave it at that this time, even if I do read more than that towards the first half of the year. This means reading about 8-9 books per month, which is definitely something I should be able to do. Along with that, I would like to try to read at least 100 pages every day. I want to be reading daily, and 100 pages seems like a great amount.
2. Write/Post 2 Reviews Each Week - I was really good at posting reviews early in the year, but then I did start to get lazy about it, especially towards the end of the year when I hit a bit of a reading slump. I have started to schedule things for the blog next year though, and have set aside two days per week in order to post reviews. I intend to stick to it, too. Along with that, I want to review each and every book that I read in 2015.
3. Buy Less Books - This is something that I also talked about earlier this week when I discussed how I am going to handle buying books in 2015. This is something that I really want to stick to as it will hopefully mean that I am reading more books than I am buying, so they are not just sitting on bookshelves. I know that I will buy books, but I just want to make sure that they are books that I really, really want to read.
4. Stick to My Reading Challenges - This was something that I was really bad about this year. It was just so easy to forget about the challenges since I did not start right at the beginning of the year, but I do not want the same thing to happen this year. That includes the Goodreads challenge, my own A-Z challenge, and a Buddy Reads type challenge that Sarah and I plan to do together this year (stay tuned for a post about that!).
5. Only Participate in Blog Tours I am Really Excited About - I just do not enjoy doing blog tours as much as I did earlier this year. When I first started, I thought that it was something that I really had to do in order to have a successful blog. I know that there are a lot of bloggers that look right past those posts though, and would instead rather read something more personal/original that I post myself. I might occasionally do them, but it will not be very often. Instead, I will post cover reveals and author spotlights that I'm excited about.
6. Pre-order New Releases - Like I talked about in my book buying post, I intend to pre-order a couple of new releases every month that I know I really want to read in order to save myself some money. Amazon has really good prices on pre-orders, and they will give you the lowest price if it happens to change once you've already ordered. It definitely beats a trip to B&N where I spontaneously pick up a new release for way more money because it's in front of me.
7 Create a Schedule for the Blog & Stick to it - I realized pretty quickly just how important it is to have a schedule for the blog and to try to stick to it. It's something that I appreciate as a fellow blogger as I am reading blogs, and it also helps me to plan out posts and get them done and schedules ahead of time. I have already been working on the schedule for the new year, and I am very excited about some new things that I plan to bring to the blog.
8. Read More Graphic Novels - I didn't expect to get this specific with my goals, but I really do want to read some more graphic novels. I only read a couple this year, but I really did enjoy them very much. I have heard of so many other great ones now that I hope to pick up throughout the year. Along with that, I do intend to read some more New Adult, and perhaps even some Adult books this year.
9. Try to Continue Booktube - I began a booktube towards the end of the year, but I have yet to do a whole lot with it since the camera on my computer is not the best, nor is the editing software that came on my computer to edit videos. I do know that my husband has a nice camera though, and I think I might be able to start filming with it, and I will work on the editing. I really do enjoy watching the videos of others, and would enjoy creating more of my own.
10. Post on the Blog EVERYDAY - I know that this might be wishful thinking, but I have had several months this year where I had a post on the blog every single day. It is something that I would really like to continue again, and I hope that I can do so. I intend to do a lot of pre-scheduled blog tours and use Google calendar again to help me succeed with this one.
What are your goals/resolutions for 2015?