Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dystopian Books #AtoZChallenge

Sorry I did not get this post up yesterday. The past couple of days have been CRAZY for my family and I. On Thursday my mom woke me up and said she needed to go to the ER, and so my focus from that point forward was on her. Yesterday she had surgery, so I went straight from work to the hospital, and did not get home until kind of late after we all got her home and settled. She is doing much better now, though!

D is for Dystopia - I wanted to focus on the dystopian fad that has popped up somewhat recently and continues to gain popularity. I enjoy reading them very much, and based on blogs/instagram/twitter, I know that I am not the only one!


What are some things that make a story dystopian? 
-I think the first and main thing is that their is some kind of government trying to take control, and in turn making life pretty miserable for those that are not involved with it. There is some force working against the people, and they have to decide if they are going to continue to live with it, or to try to over throw it. I do believe that this is part of why we enjoy them so much. We want to see the good guys win, at least I know that I do.

So, what do you think make dystopian novels so enjoyable? What are some of your favorite dystopian books?


4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that was what set dystopia apart! I know literary agents have put the word out that they do not want to see another dystopian story. Apparently the market is overly saturated. I don't know what that means for the future of the genre, since writers are no longer allowed to write them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what it seems to be, at least! I have been reading a lot that is what makes Dystopian, and then post-apcalyptic has to do with surviving some sort of natural disaster or disease, and then what happens after it.

      I'm very disappointed that they are saying that they do not want to see anymore of them, because I feel like I could read as many YA dystopians as I could get my hands on! Hopefully if they find a good one they will still let it through, they would disappoint a lot of readers otherwise.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy dystopian and post-apocalyptic novels a lot. Recently read Divergent but haven't seen the movie yet. Good choice for D in the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE love love Divergent. I thought the movie was wonderful, too (I may have already seen it two times...) Thanks for stopping by! :]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs