Number of Books Read: 9
Number of Pages Read: 2,679
Thoughts: February was, again, not a great reading month for me which is quite disappointing. I suppose that it was a shorter month, and reading more books than I did in January is a good improvement, but I'm still not happy with it. Unfortunately, for the last two weeks I have been ill with a sinus infection, so I did not feel much like reading most of the time. I am hoping that my medicine will kick in very quickly and that I will feel more like reading instead of just laying around. March will be better!
1. The Last Order by Angela M. Caldwell | 240 Pages | Published in 2015 | *** | Review
2. 21 Proms by Multiple Authors | 304 Pages | Published in 2015 | **** | Review to Come
3. Eleven Weeks by Lauren K. McKellar | 226 Pages | Published in 2015 | **** | Review
4. Some Boys by Patty Blount | 339 Pages | Published in 2014 | **** | Review
5. Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle | 352 Pages | Published in 2012 | ***** | Review to Come
6. How Not to Fall in Love by Lisa Brown Roberts | 352 Pages | Published in 2015 | **** | Review
7. How to Unbreakup by Rebekah L. Purdy | 176 Pages | Published in 2015 | ***** | Review
8. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau | 336 Pages | Published in 2013 | ***** | Review to Come
9. Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr | 358 Pages | Published in 2013 | *** | Review
Thoughts: Clearly I am still on a bit of a contemporary kick because six of the nine books fall into that genre. It will probably follow this same theme throughout most of the year since it is what I read most. I did read some fantasy that was okay, and I really enjoyed The Testing. I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the series so that I can read them very soon. I am fairly pleased with my reading this month, though I do think that I am going to try out more fantasy in the coming months. Any suggestions?
What Happened This Month?
This month was not incredibly exciting, like I said earlier I spent most of it ill since it was such a short month and I was sick for about 2+ weeks (sickness is the worst!). I did celebrate one year of blogging, though! I also did get my hair done after six months, and decided to go red. I LOVE it. My husband also took me to a Maroon 5 concert for my Valentine's Day gift, and that was amazing. My formal observation at work was this month as well, and I am anxious to talk to my principal about what he thought of the lesson. I pre-ordered some books, made some banana bread, endured some winter weather, and spent quite a few nights at my parents' house to avoid driving in the ice and traffic mess. Overall, I hope March brings better weather and better health!
Most Popular Post of the Month:
1. January Wrap Up
2. Blog Tour + Giveaway: The Last Order
3. One Year Blogoversary
4. Sleeping Tom Release Day
5. Top Ten Contemporary Books I Haven't Read
Awesome Posts From Other Blogs:
1. Book Bumblings talked about blogging schedules
2. Parajunkee created a book review checklist infographic
3. Nose Graze discussed how to make your blog future proof
That's it for February. Hoping March brings more reading, better weather, and good health! Happy Reading!