Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Top 10 Books From My Childhood (Or teen years) That I Would Love To Revisit


Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! As always, I am linking up over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week I am talking about books from my childhood and teen years that I would love to revisit. I always think that it is so fun to look back on books that I loved in the past, especially when I was in middle school and everything. There are definitely some favorites from my teen years that I would love to re-read as well. Here are the top ten!

1. House of Night Series by P.C. & Kristin Cast
There was a point in time during my teen years, shortly after these books started coming out, that I was completely obsessed with them. Every time a new one in the series came out I just HAD to buy it and read it right away. I did enjoy the story, but then I guess I just got tired of waiting for the next book and moved on from the series. I do have the first few books in the series again now, so I might try to read at least the first couple of books again.

2. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Come on, I'm sure that we all saw this one coming, right? I fell in love with these books so quickly, and I just could not put them down once I started them. I waited in line at midnight for the last book when I was in high school, and it was so worth it (especially the staying up until 3am to read some of it). I am currently re-reading the series and am on book two. I definitely remember why I loved them so much the first time around.

3. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
I have become such a fan of Anderson over the years, but for the longest time this was the only one of her books that I actually knew about and had read. I read this one late in middle school, and it has since remained one of my favorite books ever. I do plan to re-read it again this year, and I do believe that I will probably buy a new copy as well (though I will certainly keep the original, worn copy, too!).

4. Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park
Y'all, these were my jam back in the day (I mean, elementary school...which was a long time ago, now!). I owned almost all of them, if not all of them, and I read them over and over again. They were just such fun reads for a young girl, and always so amusing. While I don't think that I would ever read these again just for me, if I do have a daughter in the future I hope to read these books to her as she grows up. That would be a wonderful shared moment.

5. Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
This is another one that you probably could have guessed, and that I am sure will end up on a lot of lists. I read the Twilight series in my teen years when everyone else was discovering them and they were such a big deal. I flew through them and absolutely loved them. Then my mom read and loved them as well. I have been thinking a lot lately about how I want to order the hardcover box set of these so I can finally re-read them. I think my previous copies got passed on to my brother, or something.

To be fair, I did not read this book until I was in college. However, I did read it in one of my courses that discussed literature for the middle grades, so I decided to go ahead and count it here. I would have loved this book just as much had I read it in my teen years, and I do think that it is a wonderful book for high school level. It had such an intriguing plot and interesting main character that is so different than what we usually see in YA books.

7. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
I have loved this book for a very long time, I am pretty sure since middle school. It has such a wonderful plot and concept, and the fact that a movie was made just added to the appeal for me. I even chose this book to complete a paper on in college, I enjoyed it so much. I think that this is a must read for everyone.

8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This is another one that I fell in love with in high school. I thought that it was amazing the first time I read it. Raw and emotional, and just so very good. I have since re-read it a couple of times, and completely fell in love with the movie they made of it (Emma Watson plays a pretty big role in that, but it was very well done). I really need a copy with this cover, though. It's gorgeous!

This is another one that I loved when it first came out, but only read the first couple in the series because I lost interest as I waited for the others to come out. It is such a good story though, and I enjoyed the movies they created as well. They have some newer covers that I really like now, so I plan to buy and read the whole series in the future.

10. Bloom by Elizabeth Scott
I am a huge Elizabeth Scott fan, and this is the first of her books that I remember reading and loving. It probably helped form my love of YA contemporary books, and it was just an enjoyable read for me when I was in my teen years. I am sure that I will re-read it in the future. Perhaps this year.

Which books are on your list?

5 comments:

  1. I've read a few books on this list-but I was over 30 at the time! Now I feel very old...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Harry Potter!! Seeing a lot of him today! To be expected really! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so hard to only pick 10 books for the topic this week. There are so many books that I wanted to include. “Tuck Everlasting” and “Perks” were some of my childhood favorites, too, but I didn’t have room for them on my list.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices, unfortunately this weeks topic has made me feel rather old compared to some of you :(

    My TTT  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a young teen I loved The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as well as Twilight too. I should really reread those ones! I am currently reading Harry Potter 3 for the first time, only started the series last year ahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs