Saturday, March 7, 2015

Stacking the Shelves [41]


I am joining in on Stacking The Shelves, a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews. It is an easy way to share what books you picked up that week, and to see what other people have picked up to read themselves.

How to Participate?

  • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
  • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!
  • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.
  • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you! 

THIS WEEK:

I didn't pick up much at all this week, which is probably for the best due to my ever growing TBR. I have not preordered any books in March, and I'm not sure that I will be doing so either. Nothing has quite caught my eye enough, yet. Are there any you think I should preorder? I did pick up two books this week that will help me complete a series I am loving, though.

Purchased: 

Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
The Testing #2

In the series debut The Testing, sixteen-year-old Cia Vale was chosen by the United Commonwealth government as one of the best and brightest graduates of all the colonies . . . a promising leader in the effort to revitalize postwar civilization. In Independent Study, Cia is a freshman at the University in Tosu City with her hometown sweetheart, Tomas—and though the government has tried to erase her memory of the brutal horrors of The Testing, Cia remembers. Her attempts to expose the ugly truth behind the government’s murderous programs put her—and her loved ones—in a world of danger. But the future of the Commonwealth depends on her.

Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau
The Testing #3

In a scarred and brutal future, The United Commonwealth teeters on the brink of all-out civil war. The rebel resistance plots against a government that rules with cruelty and cunning. Gifted student and Testing survivor Cia Vale vows to fight. But she can't do it alone. This is the chance to lead that Cia has trained for - but who will follow? Plunging through layers of danger and deception, Cia must risk the lives of those she loves - and gamble on the loyalty of her lethal classmates.

What did you add to your shelves this week?


8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Testing. I liked the way we has the tests in the complex and then the outdoor survival test. It kept things exciting. I bought the other two books and hope to read them soon. Hope they keep up the same standard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Haven't read this series, but hope you enjoy it!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Testing so bad! I've heard many great things! Looking forward to your thoughts!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on a book ban until I can bring down my personal bookshelf down in size. So I can't recommend any books because I've been trying to keep to my own books. Although the Testing is one that is on my want list. Don't own it... but I want to read it ;)
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I've been wanting to check out this series for a while. I've had The Testing on my shelf since it came out; I'm definitely going to have to hurry up and read it already!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this series, so I think you definitely made a couple good picks this week. I loved the heroine of the series!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Testing trilogy! Especially the first two. Enjoy and Happy Reading!
    Here’s my STS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs