Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books You Would Classify As All Time Favorite Books (from the past 5 years)


Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! As always, I am linking up over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week we are talking all about our All Time Favorite Books of the past few years. I know some people will be doing three years, but I decided to focus on the past five years to give myself some more options. I may also include re-reads, because I don't think that's cheating at all if I read the book again within the last five years! This was difficult to narrow down, as I am sure you all struggled with as well, but here are my All Time Favorite Books from the last five years.


1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I fell in love with this book pretty quickly as I read it, and then it became impossible to put down. Since then, I have re-read it multiple times because I just love it so much. I also think that the movie was wonderfully done, and every time I watch it, it makes me want to read the book again.

2. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - I read this book for the first time my freshman year in high school, which is definitely more than five years ago. However, I did say that I was going to count re-reads. This has been one of my favorite books since I read it that first time, and it continues to be despite reading so many other things. The writing is so beautiful, in my opinion.

3. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen - This could really be any Sarah Dessen book, as I love them all, and have read them all far more than one time. I really enjoy the characters and the premise/back story in this one though, which makes it my favorite of Dessen's so far.


4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - It took me so long to pick up this book, and I am so mad at myself for that. I bought it years ago when everyone was first talking about it, but never picked it up off of my shelf. In 2014 I finally decided to read it, and I am SO glad that I did. I loved it, and how different the narration is. I am sure I will eventually read this one again as well.

5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I am sure if you guys know anything about me from reading my blog thus far, you know that I don't stray away from YA too often. However, I saw the movie for this and fell in love, and decided one summer during college that I wanted to give it a read. (I think it was junior or senior year, so it counts in the 5 years!). The book was amazing, and it's been one of the few adult books that I have read thus far.

6. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson - I would like to say that I am surprised that Anderson has shown up on my list twice, but I'm really not. Her writing speaks to me, and I find it so, so beautiful. This book was so haunting, and it was something that stuck with me for a very long time. She has definitely become one of my auto-buy authors.


7. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau - This is a very recent read for me, I just finished it a couple of weekends ago. While I put off reading it for awhile and was not sure I was going to enjoy, I really got into the story and characters. I read through it whenever I had time, and never wanted to put it down. I can easily say it is in my favorites of the last five years.

8. Divergent by Veronica Roth - I think that this book will probably show up on a lot of lists, but that was not something that I worried about when making this list. I jumped on the bandwagon last year when everyone else did, close to the movie release, and I am not at all disappointed that I did. I fell in love with the story, and while the first book was my favorite, I did enjoy the whole series.

9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Another one that I have no doubt will show up on a lot of lists. I, again, waited until hype was up and talk of a movie had started before I finally picked up this book. However, I did read it three times, all last year alone, so I think that says something about how much I enjoy this book.


10. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell - I did not expect to love this book when I read it last year. I honestly picked it up because it sounded different than anything I had ever read, and really liked the cover. It ended up being fantastic, though (in an awful sort of way), and it left me thinking about it long after I was done reading. I still think about it sometimes now, in fact.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVED The Testing which I read a few weeks ago. I regret not being able to fit it into my final ten but it was certainly up there! I'd love to see it as a film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks. The only one I've read is Divergent but The Help is on my TBR list.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices I especially loved Divergent and the Perks of Being a Wallflower!<3 Bee @ Bee Reads Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Divergent is the only one I've read! I enjoyed that trilogy too! Still need to read Four though!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sarah Dessen too; can't wait for her new book coming out in May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list! Perks and The Fault in Our Stars sound so amazing. The Testing also sounds so good! I've had it on my shelf for the longest time though I still haven't read it. Since it made your list I just might have to pick it up!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The Book Thief and Divergent! Sadly, I really hated Along for the Ride, because I found it to be sooo boring. And then I didn't like her other book I read as well, which was a shame :( I want to read The Help and Wintergirls badly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs