Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! As always, I am linking up over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week we are talking all about books we can't believe we haven't read. This one had some flexibility, as we were able to choose the genre/category we wanted to use. Since I am such a big contemporary fan, it made sense for me to talk about contemp books. There are some really hyped ones that I have not read yet, which is pretty crazy. I will get to them sometime though...hopefully!
1. The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Kaplinger - I know, I know. I didn't really know much about this book until I started blogging last year, though. I have see tons about it lately because of the movie coming out, but I really do want to read it first. Target has the tie-in edition, and I might actually pick that up because I'm not really a fan of the original cover, either.
2. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I own this book, and I have for some time now. In fact, it lived on my nightstand for several months last year as I ran out of space on my bookshelf...yet I still did not pick it up. I really do want to read it, though.
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Yeah, I know that this one is bad. I have owned this one for awhile now, too (thank goodness for new cover designs). There is SO much hype about these books that it makes me super nervous to pick them up, though. I really don't want to be let down by them.
4. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West - This is another one that I have heard so many great things about. It seems to be a contemporary book that everyone has read, so I am not sure why I haven't. In fact, I don't even think I own it yet.
5. Just One Day by Gayle Forman - To be fair, I have read If I Stay by Forman, so I think that should get me some sort of credit. Apparently this is another one that I really need to read, based on what everyone has said.
6. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - This book was such a hit after its release last year, and the premise really does sound great. I don't own this one either, but it's another one that I'm a bit nervous to actually read due to all of the hype.
7. The Summer Series by Jenny Han - Really, this should say "any" book by Jenny Han. How have I not read any of her books yet? I don't know, because I own some of them. There are some wonderful looking covers for the summer series, though. I think they might be the UK edition? I want them!
8. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Yup, another Morgan Matson, because I have yet to read anything by her either (what's wrong with me?). I have heard really good things about this one too, so I know I need to read it.
9. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - Apparently this is a companion series or something? I don't know, but I do know that everyone raves about these books, so obviously I really need to pick them up.
10. Anything by Nicholas Sparks - Yup, I have yet to read any of Spark's books. I have seen some of the movies, but that's obviously not good enough. I know that he is supposed to be really good with contemporaries, but I also know he likes to kill off characters right at the end of things, so I will have to see how that goes!
I need to get to reading!