Number of Books Read: 7
Number of Pages Read: 2,224
Thoughts: I am not thrilled with the number of books or pages I read this month as I know I can do a lot better than that, especially with a long month like January. I guess I am still in a bit of a slump, and I am hoping that I can snap out of that completely in February. I have stayed on track with my Goodreads' goal so far, though.
1. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer | 452 Pages | Published in 2013 | 5 Stars | My Review
2. The Real Girl's Kitchen by Haylie Duff | 240 Pages | 2013 | 4 Stars | My Review
3. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch | 422 Pages | 2014 | 5 Stars | My Review
4. Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas | 289 Pages | 2014 | 5 Stars
5. Around the Table by Martina McBride | 320 Pages | 2014 | 4 Stars
6. The Problem With Crazy by Lauren K. McKellar | 283 Pages | 2014 | 3 Stars | My Review
Thoughts: Overall, I am fairly happy with the books that I read this month. I have been in a contemporary kick, as it has always been my favorite genre, so there is no surprise that I read 3 from the genre. I am a big fan of the cookbooks that also give stories and plenty of reading material, and I read 2 of those. I was also happy to have 1 science fiction and 1 fantasy, especially since I barely ever read fantasy. Overall the genre break up for this month seems pretty good.
What Happened This Month?
- This month meant the end of winter break and going back to work, which means we are in second semester (that much closer to summer break!)
- We celebrated New Year's Eve with family, and it was quite a bit of fun.
- My Boxing Day Book Outlet order arrived.
- I celebrated turning 25.
- And I hosted my first Author Spotlight post featuring Sara Raasch!
Most Popular Post of the Month:
1. 25 Books/Series to Read While I'm 25
2. Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Want to Read in 2015
3. Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read but Didn't Get To
4. Top Ten Most Anticipated Debuts of 2015
Awesome Posts From Other Blogs:
- Book Bumblings hosted the January Be A Better Blogger
- Parajunkee also did a 31 Days of Better Blogging
- Stacie and Amanda began their new blog together
- Nosegraze talked about the obligations of book bloggers
- Jessica celebrated her 6th Blogoversary
Well, there is my January for you. Come back later today to see what I plan to read in February (HINT: hopefully a whole lot more than I read in January!)