Saturday, January 31, 2015

Stacking the Shelves [37]

I am joining in on Stacking The Shelves, a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews. It is an easy way to share what books you picked up that week, and to see what other people have picked up to read themselves.

How to Participate?
  • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
  • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!
  • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.
  • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!


THIS WEEK:

I was very good about my book buying this week, so I am very proud of myself! The only books that I added to my shelves this week are the books that I pre-ordered at the very beginning of the month. All three of the books released on the 27th, and they showed up to my house yesterday (I love how fast Amazon shipping can be). It was nice to have books I was excited about pre-ordered, and I plan to continue this throughout the rest of the year.

Fairest by Marissa Meyer

In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.

 Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff

A teenage boy tries to understand his best friend's suicide by listening to the playlist of songs he left behind in this smart, voice-driven debut novel.

Here's what Sam knows: There was a party. There was a fight. The next morning, his best friend, Hayden, was dead. And all he left Sam was a playlist of songs, and a suicide note: For Sam—listen and you'll understand.

As he listens to song after song, Sam tries to face up to what happened the night Hayden killed himself. But it's only by taking out his earbuds and opening his eyes to the people around him that he will finally be able to piece together his best friend’s story. And maybe have a chance to change his own.

Part mystery, part love story, and part coming-of-age tale in the vein of Stephen Chbosky’s The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Tim Tharp’s The Spectacular Now, Playlist for the Dead is an honest and gut-wrenching first novel about loss, rage, what it feels like to outgrow a friendship that's always defined you—and the struggle to redefine yourself. But above all, it's about finding hope when hope seems like the hardest thing to find.

 Love, Lucy by April Lindner

While backpacking through Florence, Italy, during the summer before she heads off to college, Lucy Sommersworth finds herself falling in love with the culture, the architecture, the food...and Jesse Palladino, a handsome street musician. After a whirlwind romance, Lucy returns home, determined to move on from her "vacation flirtation." But just because summer is over doesn't mean Lucy and Jesse are over, too.

In this coming-of-age romance, April Lindner perfectly captures the highs and lows of a summer love that might just be meant to last beyond the season.

What books did you add to your shelves this week?


5 comments:

  1. When I hear or see the word street musician I always remember Ed Sheran. :D You have a great variety of books and I do hope you enjoy reading them

    bibliophilic madness waiting on wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Seems like the entire blogosphere--or at least my section of it!--got Fairest this week! Cannot wait to read that one either!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! The inside of Fairest is so gorgeous-I love the drawings. I haven't read any of the Lunar Chronicles besides Cinder yet, but I really loved it. I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I really enjoyed Playlist for the Dead and I really want to read Fairest and Love, Lucy :) I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! You got Fairest! I have the first two books of the series. I need to get the other two asap. Enjoy your books!
    Here's my STS
    Genesis @ GenGen's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs