Sunday, January 11, 2015

This Week's Releases: January 11 - 17

Like I mentioned in the last Cover Concepts of 2014, I decided I was going to change up how I do these posts in the new year. For starters, it is no longer going to be called Cover Concepts because there is a very good chance that I won't be just talking about the covers (I hope to have a new title banner by next week, but first I have to figure out how to make one that looks good!). Instead, it's going to be called This Week's Releases from now on, and it will be every Sunday instead of Monday as it was in 2014. I just did not love writing the Cover Concepts posts anymore, and since it's something I should enjoy, I decided to switch it up. Now, I am going to discuss the releases of the week that I am super excited about, and why. Some weeks there may be a dozen books, sometimes there may be two or three, and sometimes there may be none at all. That's alright though, since it's just about books I am actually interested in!
 
Week #1: January 11 - 17


1. Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols
Release Date: Jan. 13
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Hardcover or Paperback
Page Count: 336
Why I Want to Read It: This book sounds incredibly cute, and after really loving the synopsis, I can't believe I did not notice the first book enough to pick it up when it came out. This contemporary is the exact kind of book I love to read, so I think I will need to get it soon.
Synopsis: As yearbook photographer, Harper is responsible for capturing those candid moments that make high school memorable. But her own life is anything but picture perfect. Her parents' bitter divorce has left her wondering what a loving relationship would look like. And ever since the senior class voted her and star quarterback Brody the “Perfect Couple That Never Was,” her friends have been on her case to ask Brody out.

Brody doesn’t lack in female admirers, but Harper can't see herself with him. He seems confused about why they were matched together, too. They’re total opposites—the last people in the world who would ever be compatible, let alone the “perfect couple.” Yet ever since the class paired the two of them, they've found themselves drawn together--first by curiosity, then by an undeniable bond.

The trouble is, though they're very attracted to each other and both of them admit this, they have a hard time getting along or even communicating clearly. If they’re the perfect couple, this shouldn’t be so difficult! Soon it becomes clear their class was wrong, and they throw in the towel. But after they walk away, both of them feel so changed from making the effort that they can’t forget each other. What if that means this match made in hell is the perfect couple after all?

 2. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
Release Date: Jan. 13
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 336
Why I Want to Read It: I have been hearing a lot about this book lately, so I decided to look it up a couple of weeks ago. That led me to then preorder the book on Amazon. It's noted as a "romantic thriller" so that sounds like it has to be good! It sounds like it's going to be full of action, and I cannot wait to read it.

Synopsis:  To fight her destiny as the missing heir to a powerful and dangerous secret society, sixteen-year-old Avery West must solve an ancient puzzle in a deadly race across Europe. Forbidden love and code-breaking, masked balls and explosions, destiny and dark secrets collide in this romantic thriller, in the vein of a YA DaVinci Code.

Avery West's newfound family can shut down Prada at the Champs-Elysees when they want to shop in peace, and can just as easily order a bombing when they want to start a war.

They are part of a powerful and dangerous secret society called the Circle of Twelve, and Avery is their missing heir. If they discover who she is, some of them will want to use her as a pawn. Some will want her dead.

To thwart their plans, Avery must follow a trail of clues from the landmarks of Paris to the back alleys of Istanbul and through a web of ancient legends and lies. And unless she can stay one step ahead of beautiful, volatile Stellan, who knows she’s more than she seems, and can decide whether to trust mysterious, magnetic Jack, she may be doomed after all.

What releases are you guys excited about this week? 

3 comments:

  1. The Conspiracy of Us is really good. I love that type of books, so it was right up my alley. I love the idea of the Superlatives books, but I haven't read any yet either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited for the Conspiracy of Us when I first read the blurb but after a few minutes of reading others reviews, my excitement diminished. I kind of got tired of this kind of story. It seems overly cliche. But then again, it was never my preferment. But I hope you can enjoy the books!
    The Book Ponderer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to The Conspiracy of Us, too.

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Check it out here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs