Sunday, January 18, 2015

This Week's Releases: January 18 - 24

  • Welcome to This Week's Releases! The new weekly post on Beneath the Jacket Reviews that I will post every Sunday. I am going to discuss the releases of the week that I am super excited about, and why. Some weeks there may be a dozen books, sometimes there may be two or three, and sometimes there may be none at all. That's alright though, since it's just about books I am actually interested in!

Week #3: January 18 - 24

1. The Prey by Tom Isbell
Series: The Hatchery #1
Release Date: January 20
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 416
Why I Want to Read It: The Synopsis says that it is a "riveting story of survival, courage, and romance" so that sounds like a pretty great mix to me. It seems a bit like another Hunger Games, though the idea of it sounds even better to me (I am not the biggest fan of THG books, if I'm being honest). I like the idea of the LTs and Sisters coming together to fight the government and what not. Who couldn't use another YA dystopian trilogy? They're my jam!

Synopsis: A hot debut trilogy and a riveting story of survival, courage, and romance in a future where creating a master civilization is the only thing prized, no matter the method. After the Omega (the end of the end), 16 year old guys known as LTs discover their overseers are raising them not to be soldiers (lieutenants) as promised, but to be sold as bait because of their Less Than status and hunted for sport. They escape and join forces with a girls’ camp, the Sisters, who have been imprisoned and experimented on for the "good of the Republic," by a government eager to use twins in their dark research. In their plight for freedom, these heroes must find the best in themselves to fight against the worst in their enemies.

That's all I have for this week, but it seems like a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking forward to this one too. it sounds like a typical dystopian novel but it does have its unique side. the idea of LTs, Sisters, and the whole hunting the LTs as a sport really just set this apart from its genre for me.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs