Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Top Ten Most Anticipated Debuts of 2015


It's the first Top Ten Tuesday of 2015, woohoo! I had this post scheduled to go up so much earlier today, so I am not sure what went wrong there. Luckily, the post was still sitting with the others when I got home from work, so I shall just post it now instead! As always, I am linking up over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week we are talking all about debut releases of 2015. There are SO many books to look forward to this year, and it looks like a lot of them are going to be debuts for many authors (some possibly their YA debut, if they only wrote adult books before). I am super excited to share with you some of the books I am most anticipating!

1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Release Date: February 10
This book sounds incredible from what I have read so far. I like the idea of the Reds versus the Silvers, and I think that it is going to make for a very thrilling read.

 2. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
Release Date: March 31
I think that the premise for this one sounds amazing. I am a HUGE fan of contemporary books, but this one has a nice twist on it as well. Something about how the synopsis is written reminds me of The Breakfast Club, too, so I think I will definitely be a fan of this one.

3. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Release Date: February 10
Here is another contemporary that sounds completely amazing (as well as devastatingly sad...I am sure that I will probably cry like a baby). Death/suicide seems to be a pretty big theme in 2015 releases, or at least it seems that way. Anyway, I also love the title and the cover of this one.

4. Mosquitoland by David Arnold
Release Date: March 3
A road trip book! Another contemporary as well, there seems to be a common thread here. This one sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but also very emotional, which is exactly what I look forward to in a contemp novel. It sounds like it has some twists that we don't typically see in road trip books, so I'm interested.

5. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
Release Date: May 19
It is always such a fun change to have an unreliable narrator, it can make things much more interesting. I love how the synopsis is written for this one, it has me wanting to know more about the main character, and to actually see her in action. An added bonus? This cover is beautiful!

 6. The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman
Release Date: May 12
This one is being compared to We Were Liars, which is really reason enough for me to want to pick it up, I think. It's being called a "thought-provoking and brilliantly written debut that is part love story, part mystery, part high-stakes drama." Yes please!

7. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton
Release Date: May 26
I will read just about anything that has to do with ballet/ballerinas because of my past in dance and my love for it still. Also, look at that cover!

8. Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff
Release Date: January 27
I have actually already preordered this one, and cannot wait for it to come! I am very interested in this one because it sounds quite a bit like Thirteen Reasons Why, which I absolutely loved!

9. The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
Release Date: June 16
This one says "for fans of Sarah Dessen," which is definitely me since Dessen is one of my only auto-buy authors at this point.

Release Date: February 17
I came across this one on Goodreads as I was looking through 2015 releases and was instantly drawn into the synopsis. It sounds like a wonderful contemporary, and I already want to know what happened to make the main character silent. Luckily I only have to wait until next month to find out!

What debut books are you looking forward to?




6 comments:

  1. So many of these are on my TBR! Cannot wait!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for My Heart and Other Black Holes! I feel like I am going to need to stock up on some tissues before I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic list! Red Queen is on mine as well. How come all of these releases have such beautiful covers? Sighhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for Red Queen. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels so odd to say this, but none of those books were on my list. In fact, most of them I hadn't even heard of - so now I've got some more books to look into. Anyway, while Red Queen didn't make my list, I'm certainly curious about it and am really excited for the reviews to start coming in. Hope you enjoy these books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Heart and Other Black Holes, Playlist for the Dead and Red Queen are ones I look forward to as well! I received some earcs for Made You Up and Tiny Pretty Things so I cannot wait to read those ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs