It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I'm linking up over at The Broke and The Bookish. I am really beginning to enjoy doing these every week, and it's fun reading what everyone else posts as well.This week's prompt is a fun one because it gives us a chance to talk about the movies and television shows that we enjoy as well. While we certainly love to read, sometimes it's nice to watch stories come alive through movies as well. Today, I decided to share my Top Ten Favorite Romantic Comedies, as they are the kind of movie that I enjoy the most! :] Enjoy!
1. Pitch Perfect (2012) - I thought that the casting for this movie was awesome. I just loved all of the music and singing, and there were SO many funny lines that my family and I quote back and forth.
2. Easy A (2010) - This is, by far, one of my favorite movies EVER. I just love Emma Stone, and I think that she did such a good job. This is one of those movies that I could watch over and over again without any problem.
3. Like as We Know It (2010) - I really loved the synopsis of this movie, though it still causes me to cry most times I watch it (I cry pretty easily in movies!). I thought that the chemistry was very good as well.
4. Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011) - There is so much going on throughout this whole movie, and I remember the first time I watched it that I didn't have it all figured out, and then I was pretty surprised. It was a great feeling! Once again, Emma Stone is in this one, with the love interest Ryan Gosling. How can you not love that?
5. Juno (2007) - I just love everything about this movie. I know it was supposed to be super funny, and it definitely was, but it teaches some really good lessons, as well. It doesn't sugar coat teen pregnancy, which is not something we see too much. I really, really love this movie.
6. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) - I feel like this is a classic, even though I know it's not AS old as classics actually are. However, it's one of the first romantic comedies that I remember watching and loving. The acting isn't the best, but it is good for the year it was done. I still enjoy watching this movie.
7. The Proposal (2009) - I laugh out loud so many times throughout this movie. I just love Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds together, and I think that they made the movie wonderful. They have so many funny moments together throughout the film.
8. He's Just Not That Into You (2009) - This movie is so fun to watch, and I love all of the connections between the characters. They all seem to be connected in some sort of circle, even though they don't all seem to be aware of the whole thing.
9. 27 Dresses (2008) - Katherine Heigl is just amazing in this movie, and it does not hurt that James Marsden plays the (often frustrating and secretive) love interest. It is such a fun movie to watch, and I guess I see a lot of myself in the main character. I have a hard time saying "no" when people need help.
10. Something Borrowed (2011) - I saved my favorite for last on this one. While it's often difficult to pick a favorite movie, especially if all of the genres are thrown together, this is definitely my favorite romantic comedy. I love the actors and the acting, and I just think that it's so well done. I love the main character, and I watch this movie at least once a week (at least during the summer when I have the TV to myself!). I hope to read the book it was adapted from very soon!
So, there we have it. My top ten favorite romantic comedies, which is certainly the genre I watch the most. Are you a fan of romcoms? Are any of these your favorites? Let's talk about them! :]