It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I am linking up for the meme over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's prompt is all about classics. While I read quite a few in middle school and high school, I do know that there are a ton that I still need to read. While I definitely have some favorites, I decided to make a list of the Top Ten Classics I Want To Read instead. - See more at: http://beneaththejacketreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/top-ten-classics-i-want-to-read.html#sthash.GiiQMiK2.dpufThe Broke and The Bookish. I am really beginning to enjoy doing these every week, and it's fun reading what everyone else posts as well. Along with that, as you may have noticed I've created some graphics of my own that match (aside from colors). They're nothing fancy, but I thought that it would be nice. I plan to have much better looking ones designed when my new blog design is made.
Anyway, back to the task at hand. This week is all about blogging confessions, so I have no doubt that it will be a lot of fun to look through other blogger's posts this week! Without further ado, here are my Top Ten Blogging Confessions:
1. I try really, really hard to comment back when someone leaves a comment on my blog, but it is not always the easiest thing to do. It can take so much time, and I worry that I'm always saying the same "thank you" in reply instead of something meaningful. Still, I do try to keep up since people have taken the time to stop by and leave a comment. I need to work on it, though.
2. Speaking of commenting, I have gotten really bad about commenting on the posts of other bloggers'. That's not to say that I'm not reading blogs or posts, because I definitely am. Since I am on summer break, I spend a lot of my time reading posts on other blogs, but then I don't comment anything. I don't want to say something pointless or repetitive, so unless I have something important to say, I usually just don't say anything.
3. I'm terrified of boring my readers with my blog content. I know that it should be about what I want to talk about and everything, but I still want other people to enjoy reading it. When I post reviews and don't get many comments or anything, I wonder if people are bored of the things they are seeing on my blog. I have thought up a couple of new features I'm going to do that will hopefully help with this.
4. I would love to meet more people through blogging. I feel like there are all of these groups of people who are really good friends, and I don't have many like that. I'd say I have one or two close blogging friends, but that's it. I would really love to have more because I feel like I can rely on my online friends more than my real friends. Is that sad? I don't think so.
5. I'm really bad about doing read-a-longs when I sign up for them. It's something that I want to do since I think it would be fun to read a book with others and then get to talk about it together all at once, but I have not been successful with that yet. I much prefer read-athons, and I do enjoy posting my updates and things about those on the blog. It's something new and different, and I enjoy it.
6. I feel like I've signed up for about a million different reading challenges on my blog for this year, though I haven't even done posts for some of them. I just always get super excited when I run into a new one and think that I need to do them all I'm trying to do better about being selective about which ones I really focus on, though.
7. I'm really worried that my blog is too bland at the moment. I have already set up to have something designed for me, but it will be awhile before it's ready. Until then, I'm just desperately hoping that my design and look does not scare readers away!
8. I literally yelled for joy when my first ARC arrived at my house. I feel like this might make me a little lame, but I was very excited about it. Really, I get excited when any book shows up at my door, even if I know that I'm the one who paid for it.
9. I had no idea what Booktube was as of a few months ago (as in when I started my blog I still had no idea what it was). Even though I have one now, I still know very little about how it all works, and I'm just trying to figure out Movie Maker as I go.
10. I try really hard to schedule all of my blog posts for the upcoming week on the weekend so that I don't have to stress about it, but it never seems to happen that way. I also had a really bad habit of signing up for WAY too many blog tours to do reviews on. I have improved on that aspect very much, though!
There we have it, ten blog confessions from yours truly! I hope you enjoyed reading them, and I look forward to reading through y'alls' lists as well. Happy Tuesday!