Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Surge Read-A-Thon Goals

Yesterday I shared that I was going to participate in the Summer Surge Read-A-Thon through the blog Book Badger. Today I am going to talk about the goals I hope to achieve during this read-a-thon. As it takes place during the end of my summer break, right before the next school year starts and I go back to teaching, I have very high hopes for this read-a-thon. I have a high number of books I would like to get through, and I hope to be successful with it!

My Goals: 

Challenges:
I decided to take part in quite a few challenges this year. Perhaps I got a little carried away, but I could not help myself. I have focused my attention on some much more than others, though. I completed my Goodreads goal of 50 books early in the year, and have since bumped it up to 150. I am currently at 107 read, and I would like to get close to finishing this new goal by the end of this read-a-thon. It's a tough task, but I'm up for the challenge. Along with that, I completed the New Author Challenge by reading books by 50 new-to-me readers, so I am going to focus on the 2014 YA Contemporary Challenge and the Lucky No. 14 Reading Challenge during this time.

2014 YA Contemporary Challenge:
Challenge Amount: 25
Read so Far: 5
# to Read During Read-A-Thon: 6

Books I intend to read for this challenge:
 1. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
2. The Last Forever by Deb Caletti 
3. Great by Sara Benincasa

4. Life by Committee by Corey Ann Haydu
5. Panic by Lauren Oliver
6. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Lucky No. 14 Reading Challenge:

1. Visit the Country - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (August for Buddy Read)
2. Cover Lust - Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
3. Blame it on Bloggers - The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
4. Bargain All the Way - Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
5. (Not So) Fresh From the Over - Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
6. First Letter's Rule - Tease by Amanda Maciel
7. Once Upon a Time - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
8. Chunky Brick - Gone by Michael Grant
9. Favorite Author - What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
10. It's Been There Forever - The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
11. Movies VS. Books - Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin
12. Freebies Time - Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
13. Not My Cup of Tea - Shovel Ready by Adam Sternbergh
14. Walking Down Memory Lane - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Readalongs:
While some readalongs are being held during this read-a-thon, I have never been very good with them. I do not think that I am going to try any of them just because I know I will not be successful. I may change my mind, but this is my decision for now.

Book Club Reads:

 1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
2. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page
3. The Giver by Lois Lowry 

4. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
5. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Series I Hope to Read/Finish: 
1. The Selection by Kiera Cass
2. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
3. Matched by Ally Condie
4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (re-reads/Summer of Spells)

I am sure I will add in additional books as I go depending on what mood I'm in and what I feel like reading (or if I pick up anything new. There are a couple July releases that I would read right away if I picked them up). For now, this is what my TBR for the read-a-thon looks like. It's at about almost 40 books at this point, which probably will not happen, but I am going to do my best! Wish me luck! :] 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs