1. Tell us about yourself; nicknames, occupation, pets, family, etc.
I'm married (13 years next month!) and the mom of two sets of twins. You read that right! I have a set of identical boys, who are 11 and starting middle school in the fall (gasp), and a fraternal boy and girl who are 4. They are crazy and awesome and I am never bored!
My husband is an engineer and I'm a copywriter and marketing editor, by trade, but I quit working when my boys were tiny. Now I stay home and chase them and read. :) I also love to knit, cook, run, and practice yoga.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging a year, this month! Well, longer, if you consider my personal blog, which is mostly me rambling, and occasionally posting a decent piece of writing. Night I've been reviewing books for a year.
[Happy Blogoversary Jen!! :]
3. How did you decide on your blog name?
My blog name grew out of a short-lived nickname my niece had for me. It's really hard for little kids to say "Jennifer," and for her, it came out "Feffer." That became a sort of online moniker for me several years ago, and so: Fefferbooks!
4. What is your favorite type of post?
I really love to read posts that reveal something about the author. If you can write reviews that do that, then I'll enjoy your reviews. I love things like Top Ten (which I have yet to participate in, but plan to!), because they let us see a little bit about a blogger's personality. Those are the kind of things I like to write, too.
5. What 3 books would you recommend to everyone?
Ohhh, geez. Well, I just finished the first two in the Grisha series, and I cannot BELIEVE I waited so long to read those. I think everyone should read them right now. And I'm gonna say All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
6. What author are you dying to meet?
SO. MANY. Really, I feel like meeting any author I've read is an enormous honor, but I would love to meet Kasie West. I'm a huge fan.
7. What Hogwarts house would you be in? (OR Divergent faction)
Ha! This question always throws me, because I feel like I want to say Gryffindor, but if I'm being honest, I'm a Ravenclaw. Or Erudite. I'm a studious introvert, and I can become kind of self-absorbed.
8. Favorite Quote?
I struggle with favorite quote questions so much, because I have so many! I love beautiful writing. One favorite, though, is, "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
Tell us 10 random facts about yourself:
Ok, ten random facts!
1. I once ran over myself with my own car.
2. I have a secret tattoo.
3. I can't make my forehead wrinkle.
4. I used to be a ballet dancer.
5. I don't really like chocolate.
6. I sing opera. Loudly. :)
7. My husband and I got married 9 weeks after our first date.
8. I don't drink coffee, but I mainline Diet Pepsi.
9. I used to work as a seamstress, and I can make almost anything...but I'm way too lazy, usually.
10. I'm a super homebody and love hanging out with my husband and kids (and a book!) more than anything else on earth!
Doesn't Jen seem sooo awesome! I know that I look forward to talking to her more, and I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way! Also, two sets of twins! That sounds awesome and exhausting all at the same time! Thanks for being a part of the Blogger Spotlight, Jen! It was great getting to know you better! :]