Monday, July 28, 2014

Cover Concepts: July 27 - August 2

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :] 

1. The Young World by Chris Weitz - July 29
Thoughts: I am a big fan of this cover, and this book is on a list of books I am highly anticipating this year. To me, this cover screams dystopian, and it's always good when the cover gives you some insight in what you're about to read. I like the font of the title, and how they have toned down the font of the author's name. I also really like the silhouettes on the building, the flag that they're holding that has obviously been through a lot, and the colors in the sky. This cover is an A+ in my book.

2. The Bridge from Me to You by Lisa Schroeder - July 29
Thoughts: Here is another book cover that gives pretty good insight to what the book is going to be about. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be a cute, perhaps summer inspired, contemporary love story. I do like that it's just the girl on the cover, instead of a couple. The pose is certainly different than most too, which is nice. Overall, it's pretty nice. I'm not in love with the title font, just because I'm not a big fan of yellow, though.

3. Kalona's Fall by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast - July 29
Thoughts: Eh, I'm not sure I should really talk about this one as I'm pretty biased about the covers in this series (and not in a positive way). This series has some of the worst covers I've seen, at least in my opinion. I don't like the mostly black backgrounds with the same design going through it (though this time it's in color). At least it's not a face on the cover, but those wings are equally bad. This isn't doing anything for me.

4. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead - July 29
Thoughts: I haven't read any of this series, but I do have the first book and I have looked back at all of the other covers. This cover concept is quickly becoming one of my least favorites. I do not enjoy the big faces that take up most of the room, and how they just face into the background like they have no bodies. I just feel like there are so many more interesting things that could be done at this point. Maybe I'm just a little hard to please. Who knows?

5. Put Your Diamonds Up by Ni-Ni Simone & Amir Abrams - July 29
Thoughts: What the heck is this? I have not heard of this at all, and I guess I'm not too surprised. The cover + the title = no chance that I would pick up this book. This title really annoys me for some reason, actually. I hate the font for "high," and yeah, this is just really bad.

6. Some Boys by Patty Blount - August 1
Thoughts: I'm a little unsure how I feel about this. It doesn't really tell me much about the book, especially since it's called Some Boys, yet a girl takes up the majority of the space on the title and there is no sign of a boy anywhere on the title. I'm okay with this tagline, as it's better than the one on Goodreads that says "one boy can make her whole." It's nice when the female character doesn't always need a guy. I don't know, this one is fine. I guess.

Poll: There we have it, those are the majority of the young adult books releasing this week. Which cover is your favorite of the week? Make sure to vote below!


Which Cover is Your Favorite This Week?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs