Friday, July 11, 2014

Review: Dangerous Dream by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Dangerous Dream 
by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

(Dangerous Creatures 0.5)
Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Publication Date: December 2013
Page Count: 46
Format: E-Book
Source: Netgalley (thank you!)

Goodreads Synopsis: Catch up with Ethan, Lena, and Link as they finally graduate from high school and get ready to leave the small Southern town of Gatlin. But when Dark Caster Ridley makes an appearance, the sometime bad girl can't resist picking a fight with her sometime boyfriend, Link. Angry and rebellious as ever, Ridley ends up alone in New York City and becomes entangled in the dangerous underground Caster club scene, where the stakes are high and losers pay the ultimate price.

Where's a Linkubus when you need him?


GOODREADS . AMAZON 




Review: I was pretty excited about reading this prequel novella to the Dangerous Creatures series. Whenever a series has a prequel, I try to read that before I read the actual series because I feel like it usually gives good information that might be helpful to know before you begin reading the series. Unfortunately, this novella did not work that way for him. I was expecting so much more, and I was left feeling mostly confused.

Now, I know that a lot of this is my fault because I have not read any of the Beautiful Creatures series, either. I do own the first book (I bought it when I saw it was going to become a movie), but have yet to read it or to see the movie. I understand that this novella would have made a lot more sense to me if I had read that series ahead of time since this new series seems to follow along with the same characters after the point of the first series ending.

With all of that being said, I do think that the writing was very good and I can understand why some people are very into these characters and the series. I do hope to read the Beautiful Creatures series in the somewhat neat future, and then I will probably pick up this one and re-read it once more. While I was confused and did not know who all of the characters were, the writing was still good and I was still intrigued by some of it. I look forward to knowing more about the series in the future.

Rating: 3.0 / 5.0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs