Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Things on my Bookish Bucket List


It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I am linking up for the meme over at The Broke and the Bookish again this week. This week is all about the things that we have on our bookish bucket list. This was a fun thing to daydream about, since I know some of the things are more likely than the others. It was still a lot of fun to think through it all and come up with what I would LOVE to happen/do if given the opportunity. So, here are the Top Ten Things on my Bookish Bucket List:

1. Meet John Green and Sarah Dessen, and get their autographs in person
I am sure this is one of the things that probably won't happen, unless I am able to travel wherever I might have to for author events. Still, it would be pretty awesome to meet these two authors, get a chance to talk to them, and watch them sign my books. John Green has become one of my new favorites, and I am looking forward to reading all of his other books as well. Sarah Dessen has always been my favorite, so it would be wonderful to meet her as well.

2. Publish a Contemporary YA Book
This is the kind of book that I first fell in love with (aside from the Harry Potter books, but that's not the point). I have always loved contemporary, and because of that, I think that it will probably be the first thing that I write. Well, I know that it will be one of the first things that I will write since I have actually already begun writing. Anyway, this is something that I really do hope to accomplish.

3. Write a Science Fiction Series 
I know, I know. Everyone is writing Science Fiction novels now, but I do want to jump on that bandwagon. I think that they have been completely wonderful, and I have a wonderful idea of what I want to write about. (I mean, I think that it is wonderful, but I know that I could be wrong. Who knows!). Anyway, despite all of the Sci Fi series already out there, it is still something that I would really like to do in the future.

4. Complete my 2014 Reading Challenges
Mostly I mean my reading challenge that I have set up on Goodreads. I have decided to read at least 50 books this year, and I am already up to 21, which is something I am very happy with myself about. I was in a major reading slump last year, so it is wonderful to be out of that problem and to be in love with reading all over again. I sure hope that it stays this way, too!

5. Go to an Author/Book Event 
I am super excited about the idea of going to an author or book event, and I think that I may have found one to go to! I saw about TeenBookCon on another blog, and I am super excited about it. Sure, I am not longer a teen, but I'm still pretty close, and it is all that I read! There is also a YA event in Austin later this year that I would love to attend as well.

6. Become a Librarian
Maybe this should be first on the list since it is one of the most likely to actually happen, but I think it's okay to dream and be a little unrealistic sometimes, so I will go ahead and leave things in this order. (I didn't do them in any sort of order to begin with, so it really doesn't matter, right?). I am really looking forward to starting my Masters and becoming a librarian, hopefully int the near future.

7. Have an AMAZING Library
While my husband and I do not have kids yet, we will in the future, and you better believe that my kids are going to have a wonderful library and I am going to read to them all of the time until they can read themselves. Along with that, I hope to eventually have an amazing library myself. Sure, I have a decent number of books, but I know that it could always grow by a WHOLE lot. I hope that eventually happens, too!

8. Travel to Book-Inspired Places
You know, like Forks, Washington from Twilight. Maybe not there, exactly, but it is one of the only places I can think of right off the top of my head! (That might be sad, but it's almost 10 pm and I had to work late tonight, so I think I should get a break on this one!). Still, it seems exciting to go to some places that have been talked about in books I enjoy.

9. Go to Hogwarts
While I would definitely prefer to go to the REAL Hogwarts, I have been told a hundred times now that it won't actually be happening. I guess I should have given up when my Hogwarts letter never came, but I was not willing to give up. Since I can't go there though, I will be okay with just going to the amusement park. I have heard that it is pretty great, after all!

10. Make it on Some Sort of Book Awards List
You know, like New York Times Best Selling Author, or something of the sort. That just seems like such an awesome thing to add to one's title, doesn't it? I know that I am probably a very long way away from that, but it is something nice to think about for the far, FAR future.

What things are on your bookish bucket list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs