Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Liebster Blog Award

A few days ago Vicki @ lilmissvixreads nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. The Award is designed as an opportunity for smaller blogs to get some love and recognition, and I was very happy to have been nominated!

Here are the rules:

  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
  • Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!

11 Facts about Me
1) I have an addiction to books; buying them, browsing them, checking them out of the library, reading them, highlighting them. Pretty much anything you can do with them.
2) I have a REALLY good memory. It always helped a lot on tests and everything when dates and names needed to be remembered. It also helped me when I did plays in theater growing up.
3) I love dark chocolate.
4) I like to sing loudly in the car when I drive to and from work; my drive is an hour each way, so I would go insane if I didn't have my music.
5) I do not have any children yet, but that has not stopped me from buying books for our future children. We will read to them ALL. THE. TIME.
6) My favourite color is purple, but I wear more black and gray than anything else.
7)  I am currently a middle school teacher, and I have been mistaken quite a few times for a student by people who do not work at the school.
8) I was born in small town Iowa, but moved to Texas when I was seven and have lived here ever since.
9)  Dance Moms is my guilty pleasure show (along with Teen Mom 2...I need help).
10) I love to watch girlie, romantic movies...they make me feel good inside!
11) I met my husband for the first time our senior year of high school, though we had been going to the same school since 7th  grade.

11 Questions from Vicki
1) What got you into blogging in the first place?

I have done the blogging thing before. I tried it, at least, but it was not too successful. I have always been a big fan of reading blogs, though. A lot of things I tell my mother (who is my best friend) begin with "I read this on a blog..." she is used to it. However, I started the book blog because I love to read and write, and it incorporates the two together. Along with that, I hope to become an author myself one day.

2) What's your favourite book and why?
Yikes! This is a difficult choice, and changes pretty constantly. At the moment, The Fault in Our Stars is my favorite. It is the first book by John Green that I have read, and I absolutely loved it. It was beautifully written, and gives such a raw and realistic view of the pain that humans go through everyday when dealing with cancer and illness.

3) What was the last film you saw at the cinema and what did you think of it?
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I liked it a lot. I had not read the book before the movie, so I was quite surprised by everything that happened. The movie was enough to make me want to go back and read the book as well.


4) Do you have a favourite song?
Not really a favorite song, but I love alternative music.

5) If you could live in any fictional world (i.e. Narnia) where would you choose?
HOGWARTS! I have always been a huge Harry Potter fan (I was in that generation, I guess). It would be awesome to hang out with that gang and have magical powers. I suppose it is best that I don't though on most days...like when I've had about all I can take of my middle school students.

6) Who would your dream fictional husband/wife be?
Tobias "Four" Eaton from Divergent. He is not perfect by any means, but I absolutely love his character. So yup, he's my choice.

7) Do you have a favourite cartoon character?
Um, not really? I'm not really a cartoon person. I mean, I used to watch them when I was younger of course, but I don't watch them anymore. I used to love the show Doug, so I guess I would have to go with him if I had to choose one.

8) Do you prefer eBooks or physical ones? Which do you read most often?
See, a couple of months ago this would have been a clear cut answer and I would have said physical. However, the past several weeks I have been reading mostly on my kindle, and I find that it is actually a lot easier, especially since I have the kindle app on my iphone. It makes it easy to read whenever I have wait time somewhere.


9) What's your favourite TV show?
Dance Moms, Teen Mom 2, Law and Order: SVU...those are the top ones. I'm addicted to SVU, I watch the same episodes over and over again!


10) Why did you choose your blog name? Is there a story behind it?
There is not really a story behind it. I was just trying to come up with something that would make sense for a book blog, and it is what came to me.

11) In the film of your life, who would play you? And what would you call it?
Oh jeez, this is tough. My husband says that I look a lot like Anna Kendrick, so I guess I would go with her. I like her personality a lot too, and I feel like we have a lot of things in common. We would call it "Breakfast at Tiffany's" just for fun. Ha!

11 Questions from Me: 
1) If you could be a book character, who would you be?
2) Which country would you most like to visit?
3) Is there a book you have read that you could not stand?
4) What about blogging do you find the most challenging?
5) Who is your favourite author?
6) Favorite book character ever?
7) Do you have any pets? If not, would you ever want one?
8) What do you do in your spare time other than blogging?
9) What is your favorite movie?
10) When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?  
11) What is your current occupation?

Nominated Blogs:
1) Alice @ Alice in Readerland
2) Tiffany @ An Avid Reader
3) Melanie @ Beauty and the Armageddon
4) Crys @ Book 'Em with the Hodgenator
5) Laura @ Book Smartie
6) Brin @ Brin's Book Blog 
7) Bree @ Coffee Bean Bookshelf
8) Autumn @ Fallen Over Book Reviews
9) Hooker Heels Book Blog


6 comments:

  1. Literally everyone I know who reads have been telling me how amazing The Fault in Our Stars is! Will have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing, you definitely should! :]

      Delete
  2. Hi Tiffany! Thanks for the nomination - it really made my day and it was a lot of fun taking part in this. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :] I am glad that you enjoyed doing it! I enjoy reading your blog, so I wanted to make sure I nominated you! :]

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination, it means a lot to me that you thought of me!!! :) I've already been nominated and can't do it again, but I enjoyed reading your answers, like how you got started blogging. :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs