Sunday, June 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves [12]

I am joining in on Stacking The Shelves, a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews. It is an easy way to share what books you picked up that week, and to see what other people have picked up to read themselves.

How to Participate?


  • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
  • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!
  • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.
  • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!
  • Visit other participants link to find out what they added to their shelves!
I cannot believe that May is already over and we are now into June. Hello June! *waves* This is also a very good thing because it means that I am only five work days away from being on summer break. Woohoo! This year has been long and exhausting, and I am relieved that we have almost made it to the end. Now...onto the books! We had a Half Price Books Warehouse Sale near us this weekend, and two friends and I drove out to it yesterday and spent quite a bit of time browsing all of the books. I had quite a nice haul, so I thought I would share that with you for this weeks Stacking the Shelves.

I feel like this warehouse sale was a huge success for me. I was able to pick up about twenty-two books for under forty dollars as everything at the sale was $3 or under. That was one of the great things about it. While I did end up putting a few books back, I did not stress about it too much since the prices were so good. I spent even less than I was expecting to, as well. If you ever have one of these warehouse sales near you, I would definitely recommend that you go! Without further ado, here are the books I picked up:

Tithe by Holly Black
Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti
Evernight by Claudia Gray
When it Happens by Susane Colasanti

I picked up several in the A-List series (by Zoey Dean) since I already had three of them at home:
Sunset Boulevard ( A-List: Hollywood Royalty #2) 
Heart of Glass (A-List #8)
California Dreaming (A-List #10)
Blonde Ambition (A-List #3)
Beautiful Stranger (A-List #9)
American Beauty (A-List #7)
(Now I have all of this series by #1 & 2, of course. I need to pick those up soon!)

I also picked up a few of the books in the House of Night series by P.C. Cast. I had some of these before, but I gave them to my brother, so I thought that I would pick them up again:
Marked (#1) 
Betrayed (#2) 
Chosen (#3)
Untamed (#4)

I have decided I REALLY want to start collecting the Pretty Little Liars series; I could only find four of them yesterday, but I picked them all up. They are all by Sara Shepard:
Flawless (#2)
Perfect (#3)
Unbelievable (#4)
Wicked (#5) 
With 16 books in this series, I have a way to go. I really need to get book #1 very soon!

I also picked up some books in the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz:
Blue Bloods (#1) 
Masquerade (#2) 
Revelations (#3) 
The Van Alen Legacy (#4)

Have you read any of these books/series? Did you enjoy them? ALSO...I'm strongly thinking of starting a booktube channel with summer on its way, would anyone watch?


2 comments:

  1. Oh. Wow. I've never been to a warehouse sale! I don't even know if I have any around me to be honest! But just wow! All those books all those low prices! The envy! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy Evernight, loved it. I couldn't get into the House of Night series, just weren't for me at all. Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs