I have seen this floating around, so even though I was not tagged by anyone, I thought that I would participate. It's summer, and I don't have too much else to do at the moment, after all! At the end, I will tag some people in case you want to give it a go as well! :]
>What are your top three book pet hates?
1. Cover changes. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I like the new covers of books, but it's still a bit frustrating. The worst thing is when you have started to collect a series and then they change the cover of the last one and it no longer matches. I absolutely hate that!
2. Boring spines. This is what I see the most of the books on my shelves, as it is how they all fit. I think that there have been a lot of great changes to the appearance of books lately (like putting images under dust jackets of hardcover books.) There is no reason not to have a bold spine with words that are big enough to read.
3. How long it can take for books to come out in paperback. I know it has been this way for a long time and I should be used to it, but it's still frustrating. While I prefer hardcovers because I think that they look better, sometimes it's a book I want to spend less on, and I would be okay with the paperback version.
>Describe your perfect reading spot.
I'm not too picky about where I read, honestly. I don't really have one spot where I like to read, and it just depends on my mood. If I'm pretty tired, I'll lay in bed and read before I fall asleep. Otherwise I read on the couch or I enjoy reading while taking a bath.
>Tell us three book confessions.
1. I will always choose contemporary over any other kind of book. I know that a lot of people like the high action and fantasy books, but that's not always me. In fact, I have to be in a certain mood to pick up a fantasy book and have a chance of enjoying it. I can read contemporary anytime though, and I'm usually bound to love it.
2. I pay a lot of attention to grammar when I read books. I try not to, but it's a habit that I just cannot seem to break. Luckily, there are obviously tons of wonderful editors who can catch onto mistakes before they are published. Unfortunately, there are still some here and there, and I try very hard not to focus on them!
3. I pay a lot of attention to covers when buying books. This might not be much of a confession anymore, since I have said it a countless number of times on the blog now. The cover is a big part of why I pick up a book when I'm at the library or the bookstore. I want pretty books on my bookshelves, after all.
>When was the last time that you cried during a book?
Honestly, it does not take much to make me cry, especially when it comes to a book. Anytime a character gets teary eyed, I usually do as well. It's probably sad, but I've always been an emotional person, especially when it comes to other people being upset and crying. However, I would say the last book I read that made me cry is Torn Away by Jennifer Brown. It was amazing, but so sad. I definitely recommend it.
>How many books are on your bedside table?
Currently nothing, actually. I usually leave whatever book I am currently reading there at night when I go to bed in case I want to read before I fall asleep, or pick it back up in the morning without getting out of bed. However, when I do leave the bedroom I always take the book with me, so I don't have one there right now.
>What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
I snack a lot while I read, if I'm being honest. I snack a lot in general, which can be a serious problem since I'm at home for the summer now and have nothing to do but sit around and read and eat. Oops! One of my favorite snacks to eat while I read is fruit, though. I am a big fan of grapes, strawberries, and peaches.
>Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
1. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
>Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
>Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Books are life.
>What is your biggest reading secret?
I have a bad habit of buying and reading books just because everyone else is. Peer pressure!
Anna @ Herding Cars & Burning Soup
Jessica @ a GREAT read
Katrina @ Chased by My Imagination
Sarah @ Words with Sarah
Kate @ The Book Bee