I am very excited about finding this challenge! I know that I am taking part in several this year, but I think that they will help me stay committed and excited about reading. This one is all about reading the "real" physical books I own. This is something I have been bad about doing since I always just take my kindle with me everywhere to read books I'm reviewing and what not. I want to get through all of those books on my shelves, though!
Here are the guidelines, but you can find more information at the challenge page HERE.
- *This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014.
- *The challenge is open to anyone! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you have a place to post about the challenge. (Your blog, Amazon, Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, youtube, tumblr, etc.)
- *Any book counts. It can be any genre, any length, and as old or new as you want. If you can hold it in your hand and turn the pages yourself, it belongs here. (This includes Advanced Reader Copies.)
- *Feel free to list your books in your first post or wait until the end of the year and write them in a wrap-up post. Even if you list them, you can always make changes later.
- *Sign-ups will be open until Dec 1, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- *When you sign up in the linky below, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2014 “Real” Book Challenge. (If you don't have a blog, post about it wherever you plan on making all your challenge posts this year!)
- *On the 1st of each month we will post a wrap-up post, on Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare. Every wrap-up will have a giveaway and place for you to link up your wrap-up posts for the month. Each book that you read in the month will get you one entry in our giveaway for the month. Prizes will vary, and winners will be announced the following month in our newsletter.
- *If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your books the next month. Don’t try to count a book twice, we’ll be watching!
- *December will be a wrap-up for the whole year. All the books you read January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
1-10 - Real Book Newbie
11-20 - Real Book Enthusiast
21-30 - Real Book Snob
31-40 - Real Book Aficionado
41-50 - Real Book Hoarder
50+ - Real Book Queen/King
I really hope to get to at least 21-30 of these books, but I hope to go past that as well.
The books I Have Read for this Challenge:
Book Count: 25
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
2. She is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick
3. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
4. Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
5. How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love by Ken Baker
6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
7. Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
8. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
9. Burning Blue by Paul Griffin
10. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell
11. This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl
12. The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher
13. Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
14. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
15. Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
16. Enclave by Ann Aguirre
17. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
18. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
19. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
20. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
21. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
22. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
23. Divergent by Veronica Roth
24. Readicide by Kelly Gallagher
25. My Story by Elizabeth Smart