Monday, August 11, 2014

Cover Concepts: August 10 - 16

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :] 


1. A Blind Spot for Boys by Justina Chen - August 12
Thoughts: Before even bothering to look into this book much on Goodreads, I could tell that it was going to be a contemporary novel. It's pretty obvious with the large, kissy/smiley faces covering the whole book. I can't say I am a fan of the picture or the font. I really hate the different color for "a" and "for." I think this could have been done a lot better, specially since her cover for North of Beautiful is so pretty.

2. The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone by Adele Griffin - August 12
Thoughts: Unlike this first cover this week, this is one I probably would not have guessed is a contemporary. There is something very science fiction about the cover. This is a little disappointing as well, seeing as someone might buy it for the wrong reasons and be disappointed. I do think that there is something interesting about the negative of the photograph, but I don't like the title split up like it is. It makes it seem a bit confusing.

3. Random by Tom Leveen - August 12
Thoughts: Technology has become SO big, that I think we will begin seeing it more and more in books, especially in YA. This book is about cyberbullying, I believe, and I really like the cover for that. I like that you can tell it's a tablet, but the fact has been blurred out. I think that the cover is clean and simple, too, which is nice. It makes me want to pick it up and read it.

4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - August 14
Anna and the French Kiss #3
Thoughts: I think that this cover is cute, just like the new covers of the other two books. I do love how well they all go together, too. The skyline in the background is nice, and I love how they all have the same font, but a different color scheme. While this is not my favorite because of the colors, I do still think it's quite cute.

5. Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke - August 14
Between #2
Thoughts: Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of these covers. I do appreciate that they match and I can tell that they are a series together, but I'm still not in love with them. I think that the font is too big, and some of the fonts seem a bit cheesy. I am much more impressed with the cover of the first book, though it's still not a favorite.

6. Sister's Fate by Jessica Spotswood - August 14
The Cahill Witch Chronicles #3
Thoughts: I'm a little unsure about how I feel on this one. I really want to like it, but a part of me is still unsure, too. I think that it goes well with the first two books in the series. It's a bit different, but they still have similarities that make it obvious that they are a series. I do like that not all three girl's faces are showing, since that would be too much. I think that it's nice, though it's still not a favorite.

7. Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff - August 14
Thoughts: I am very impressed with this cover. I am really becoming a fan of illustrated covers. I guess maybe I'm just tired of seeing the models all over covers. I think this house is creepy, which is obviously the point, and I love the roots coming out of it like it's a tree. This is a cover that definitely makes me want to read the story and figure out what is going on in the picture.


Poll: There we have it, those are the majority of the young adult books releasing this week. Which cover is your favorite of the week? Make sure to vote below!


Which Cover is Your Favorite This Week?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs