1. Tell us a little about yourself; nicknames, occupation, pets, family
My name is Monique Morris and I'm studying biochemistry in college. My family calls me Tanika. Don't ask me how they got Tanika from the name Monique because I have no idea. They've been calling me that since I was a baby. I have one sister and four brothers, and while I adore animals, I am terribly afraid of keeping one as a pet because I'm worried something will go wrong.
2. How long have you been blogging?
For a year! Hurray! :)
[Congrats on a year, Monique! :]
3. How did you decide on your blog name?
I chose Something To Browse to be my blog name because at first I didn't really know what my blog was going to be about. I wanted to talk about different things so I chose that title hoping people would browse by. I liked that browsing could refer to different things such as browsing through a library, browsing through a book, and browsing the internet
4. What is your favorite type of post? (review, meme, feature, etc)
My favorite type of posts are memes because they are fun to join in on, but I really appreciate reviews as well. If I've read the book, I want to know what others thought about it as well, and if I haven't read the book, well, the review just might convince me to read it....or warn me not to read it. It could go either way. I also love discovering features that are unique to a blog. Yay for originality!
5. What 3 books would you recommend to everyone?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer, House Rules by Jodi Picoult, and Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg.
6. What author are you dying to meet?
Marissa Meyer. I have no idea what I would say, but I want to meet her because I think her books are amazing! The Lunar Chronicles is my favorite series right now. I can't wait for the last book and for Queen Levana's story.
[Isn't the cover for the Queen's story AMAZING? I'm in love with it! I agree, the series is amazing!]
7. What Hogwarts house would you be in? (Or Divergent faction)
I'll give you both! I'd be in Ravenclaw and part of the Erudite faction. I wouldn't be one of the evil ones though...hopefully!
8. Favorite Quote?"Vanity is a factor, but it is more a question of control. It is easier to trick others into perceiving you as beautiful if you can convince yourself you are beautiful. But mirrors have an uncanny way of telling the truth.” - Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Tell us 10 random facts about yourself
1. I'm in love with Emperor Kai from The Lunar Chronicles
2. I'm a vegetarian
3. I think potatoes are the best type of food
4. I'm a huge introvert
5. I'm obsessed with Mr.Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. PS. Don't tell Emperor Kai about that! :P
6. I'm not a huge fan of the New Adult genre. Sorry :(
7. I watch marathons of Criminal Minds, Psych, Leverage, Burn notice, Numbers, and The Listener....a lot
8. I really love to read, but ofcourse you already knew that
9. If I could have a superpower, I would probably choose to read minds.
10. I eat fruits like they're candy
Monique, you seem so awesome! I hope you don't mind my [notes] after some of your answers! I absolutely love the quote you picked from Cinder, too. I have just started watching Criminal Minds (I don't know how it took me so long to discover it) and I am OBSESSED!). Thank you so much for agreeing to be featured on my blog! Everyone else, please stop by her blog and say hello!