Monday, September 1, 2014

Cover Concepts: August 31 - September 6

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :] 

There are tons more books releasing this week! Some of them look really, really good so I would definitely look into them and see what you guys want to pick up! Also, because there are so many again, I'm not going to post a poll and instead we can just talk about the covers in the comments! :] Happy Labor Day! 

1. The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy - September 2
Thoughts: I am usually not a fan of having big faces on covers like this, but I actually think that this one is pretty bearable. I love how the colors all fade together, and it just feels cold. I think that this one is actually really well done.

2. Zac and Mia by A.J. Betts - September 2
Thoughts: I really like the simplicity of this cover. Some people might think it is boring, but I would take this over a cover with horrible models any day.

3. MARY: The Summoning by Hillary Monahan - September 2
Bloody Mary #1
Thoughts: I am definitely not a fan of scary books, and this cover is enough to tell me that I need to stay away. I like how the first part of the title is backwards, as if it is a mirror. It is supposed to be Bloody Mary, after all (I'm assuming so, anyway.).

4. The Jewel by Amy Ewing - September 2
The Lone City #1
Thoughts: I have been a fan of this cover since I first saw the ARCs released. I just love big dresses on covers, especially when the focus is more on the dress than the model. I do love how the mirrors are being used in this cover as well, and how you can see the models' reflection in so many places.

5. Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes - September 2
Thoughts: This is another one that I have been interested in since I first saw the ARC. I love the contrast between the colors of the chairs, and how it perfectly fits the title. I also love the handwritten title. It's great that they can get their point across without having people on the cover.

6. Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson - September 2
Thoughts: Lots of great covers this week. I love how old fashioned this cover becomes just by adding the gloves and the up-do. Of course, I know why she is really wearing the gloves based on the synopsis. I think that the text is very pretty, and I actually don't mind the tagline being on her neck like it is.

7. The Dolls by Kiki Sullivan - September 2
Dolls #1
Thoughts: I think that this is an interesting cover, though I am not a fan of snake skin at all, so it does not quite win me over like I'm sure that it would for other people. I do like the addition of the snake on the heel and the font looks interesting. I think that a lot of people will really like this one.

8. Puppy Love by A. Destiny & Catherine Hapka - September 2
Flirt Series
Thoughts: I guess they decided they wanted to take the title quite literally with their cover. Not only is there a couple that is obviously in love, but there is also a puppy on the cover with them. This is the exact kind of cover that I'm just not into anymore.

9. 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith - September 2
Thoughts: I am assuming that this cover will make a lot more sense after you read the novel. I am hoping so, at least. I think that the sky in the background is very pretty, and I think the title is handled well in the simplicity. I'm not sure about the horse, but I guess that's that...

10. Sealed with a Lie by Kat Carlton - September 2
Two Lies and a Spy #2
Thoughts: This is another thing with covers that I cannot stand at all. I hate when they put two scenes on top of each other like this and think that it works. It does not work, at least not in my opinion. And, seriously, the guys hair in the top picture, what's up with that?

11. The Boy I Love by Nina de Gramont - September 2
Thoughts: I guess that this is the boy she loves? It is also an incredibly dull cover.

12. Practice Makes Perfect by Melanie Spring - September 2
Varsity #3
Thoughts: I had not even heard of this series before I looked up this cover for this post. After coaching cheerleading for two years at the middle school level, I definitely don't want to read about it. I guess the cover makes sense for what it is, though. I like the font of the title, but that's really about it for me.

13. Hider, Seeker, Secret Keeper by Elizabeth Kiem - September 2
Dancer, Daughter, Traitor, Spy #2
Thoughts: If I'm being completely honest, this is not a well done cover at all (I'm sure that this is something that we can all see). However, as a former dancer, I really do love when dancers show up on covers. That is the one plus here for me.

14. Feuds by Avery Hastings - September 2
Feuds #1
Thoughts: Another dancer! I have to say that this one is far better than the one above. I do like the colors of the background with the contrast of the girl all in black. The only think I don't like is that stupid tagline. It's used over and over again.

15. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - September 2
Throne of Glass #3
Thoughts: I know that everyone has been waiting forever for this one to come out (I haven't started the series yet, oops!). I do think that this cover is awesome, though. I'm glad they did a cover change after the first book. It matches the rest in the series, the girl looks awesome, and she isn't a dull model. What else could you want?

16. Starry Night by Isabel Gillies - September 2
Thoughts: I am LOVING illustrated covers lately. I think that this is my favorite one this week. I just love the colors and the design in the background. I think that it is very well done.

17. Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini - September 2
The Worldwalker Trilogy #1
Thoughts: I have been interested in this one as well since seeing the ARC. Now that I look at it bigger, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like that it's not super zoomed in on the model, but she also doesn't really seem like she fits into the scene. It's fine, but could be better.


Poll: There we have it, those are the majority of the young adult books releasing this week. Which cover is your favorite of the week? Seeing as there are SO many books this week, I'm not going to create the poll as usual. Instead, simply leave a comment telling me your favorite cover this week and we can discuss them! :] 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs