Q1: Tell us about yourself; nicknames, occupation, pets, family, etc.
Hi! My name is Inge, I am 22 years old, and I am a Dutch resident of Belgium with a passion for English. At the end of September, I am going back to Uni to continue my course for Dutch and English, and I'm starting German. It's a decent education for translators, interpreters, writers, journalists, teachers.. anything really. I'd love to join the literary world later on.
I still live at home with my parents, an older brother, a really old golden retriever and an even older cat. It's a nice, quiet place and I enjoy living here for now.
Q2: How long have you been blogging?
A: When this interview goes up, I'll have been blogging for three months! I started mid-June 2014 and I'm really enjoying it.
Q3: How did you decide on your blog name?
A: Heh, I didn't. My co-blogger Karolina is the one who created the blog, and she asked me to co-blog after a couple months. I had only been blogging for 10 days so I was pretty flattered. I like the name Bookshelf Reflections though!
Q4: What is your favorite type of post?
A: I've been reviewing on Goodreads for the past three years and I really enjoy that. You can go all ways with a review!
Q5: What three books would you recommend to everyone?
A: Hmm, this is a tough one. Can I recommend a series? Because I have to mention Harry Potter. I would also recommend A Girl Like You by Gemma Burgess, which is the best chicklit I have ever read. I'd also add a Brandon Sanderson book - he always blows me away!
Q6: What author are you dying to meet?
A: Until recently, I would've replied "L.J. Smith" in a heartbeat, but now I'm not so sure. I think I'll be a total cliché again and pick J.K. Rowling.
Q7: Which Hogwarts house would you be in? (OR Divergent faction)?
A: Hogwarts house - Ravenclaw. No doubt. As for Divergent, I think I'd be Amity!
Q8: Favorite Quote?
A: I really like this one: "You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself." I try not to take life too seriously.
Tell us ten random facts about yourself:
1. I'd love to live in an Anglophone country when I'm older.
2. I am Dutch and I live in Belgium, but I only read English books. I just prefer reading the original text, and I find reading in Dutch to be awkward.
3. My favourite TV show of all time is That '70s Show.
4. My current favourite is BBC's Sherlock. I am also a fervent Cumberbitch and Hiddlestoner.
5. I know I shouldn't be saying this out loud, but... my favourite band is Nickelback. Don't judge me, okay?
6. I actually wrote my first book during Camp NaNoWriMo this July! It's called The Switcheroo and it's about a boy and a girl who switch bodies. When this blog post goes up, I'm pitching it to agents, so wish me luck! :o)
7. I've been at home since February. Quite literally - I haven't left the house a lot, haven't seen any of my friends. The reason for that is because I have daily intestinal cramps, and I've had them for the past 9 years. Doctors have turned me inside out on several occasions, but they can't find anything. In January they got even worse for no reason whatsoever, and something snapped, I guess. I now have a nice, full-blown anxiety disorder. Not sure how I'm going to go to school like this, but we'll see.
8. Because of reason 7, my favourite genre to read is fantasy. Because it allows me to escape, to experience worlds without limitations, because literally anything and everything is possible.
9. I also read a lot of YA and chicklit. You get bonus points if you incorporate humour in your stories. I love a good laugh!
10. I met Steve-O from Jackass. He was pretty bloody. You can take that quite literally.
Doesn't Inge sound wonderful? Thanks again for being a part of Blogger Spotlight, Inge! I had so much fun getting to know more about you. Remember to stop by her blog and show her some love! Also, if you would like to be showcased on a future Blogger Spotlight, please contact me.