Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR
It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I am linking up for the meme over at The Broke and the Bookish again this week. This week's prompt was fun, as it was a freebie! We were allowed to pick any topic that we wanted to do. With eight teaching days left for me of the school year (eight too many still), summer has definitely been on my mind. I thought that it would be fun to share the top ten books on my summer TBR list. Now, I've added one hundred and fifty books to a summer TBR list on Goodreads, but these are the ten I am going to make sure I ABSOLUTELY get to this summer. Without further ado, here are the Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR.
1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - If I am being honest, I have had this book for a LONG time. A few months before I started my book blog (when I was still in a book reading rut), I went into B&N for the first time in quite some time. I saw this book and liked the synopsis, so I picked it up way back before reading so many awesome reviews on it. It's been sitting on my nightstand forever, and I know summer is going to be the perfect time to finally read it.
2. The Selection by Kiera Cass - Okay, so this one is kind of cheating. I actually plan to read the whole Selection series this summer. I have had the first one for a couple months now, but have not read it yet. I bought a signed copy of The One the day it released, but then it took me until last weekend to finally find The Elite somewhere other than B&N (I'm not always thrilled with their prices). I will finally get to the series this summer!
3. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord - Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about this book beside it being a contemporary and having the word "summer" in the title. Another honest fact? That is really all the information I need in order to know I need to pick up and read this book come summer time.
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han - Yup, I'm cheating with another series. I feel like, since this is a freebie prompt, that it's perfectly okay that I'm doing this. After all, it's perfectly okay for it to be more than ten books! I have heard wonderful things about this series, and it seems like the perfect summer read. I cannot wait to buy my copies so I can get to reading.
5. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Yup, another Jenny Han book. I actually have this one sitting on my bookshelf already. I had heard such great things about it even before it came out that I picked up right when I saw it at Half Price Books. It seems like a great summer read, and I am sure I will enjoy this contemp.
6. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks - What do you know, another series! I have yet to read anything that has mermaids in it, and I have heard such wonderful things about this series. I do believe that the series is complete too, which is always nice. I tend to have a problem with starting a series when all of the books aren't out yet - I hate having to wait to find out what happens.
8. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - Once again, it's a contemporary and it has the word "summer" in the title. It also has a very nice cover with very pretty, summery colors on it. What more could I want in a summer read?
9. Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour - I am in LOVE with this cover. I have had my eye on this book for a long time just because of the cover (I told you, I really do judge books by their covers some times). I could not tell you the synopsis at the moment, but I am very much aware that I want to own it soon!
10. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - That's right, I have not read this book/series, and I know that soon I will be the only one that has not. I have heard such good things, so I know that I finally need to do something about this. I really want THIS cover, though. I like it so much better than the other one.
What books do you plan to read this summer? Let me know in the comments. :]