Monday, December 1, 2014

Cover Concepts | December 1 - 6

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :]

This Week: I skipped a couple of weeks of Cover Concepts in November because there were not a lot of books being released during the month. It seems like we might have a few more being released in December, so I plan to start these posts up once again! Leave some comments telling me what you think about this weeks' covers! 

1. Vicious by Sara Shepard - December 2
Pretty Little Liars #16
 Thoughts: I feel like book fifteen released this year as well, right? I can't believe they are already on book sixteen, that seems crazy. There is not much to say about this cover; it looks just like all of the others in the serious, and is incredibly simple. I am not a fan of the odd looking doll girls, though the font is fine. I'm not in love with the black background, though I suppose it's better than some of the annoyingly bright colors they usually go with.

2. Black Knight by Christopher Pike - December 2
Witch World #2
Thoughts: It looks like this series has already gone through a cover change. Sadly, this one is actually better than the original cover, so that should tell you something about it. This cover is not great at all. The images are cropped together oddly; the hand looks strangely bigger than it should, and I'm not sure why they made it look like she is kissing the crystal ball. I do like the purple color, but that's about the only plus for me.

3. Seduction by Molly Cochran - December 2
Legacy #3
Thoughts: Here is another series that seems to have gone through a cover change, though these ones are certainly for the better. In fact, the new covers make me want to buy the whole series despite not knowing anything about the actual books. They dropped the cover models (thank goodness), for pretty objects instead. Book one has a ring and book two a book, and this third cover fits perfectly together with them. It's simple, but very pretty.

4. Diamond Boy by Michael Williams - December 2
Thoughts: This book cover really is quite intriguing, especially after reading the synopsis of the book. It's very interesting (and a little creepy) that the diamonds seem to make up a face of a skeleton. I suppose that is probably the point, though. I think that the colors are perfect, and I do like the title font as well. 

5. Boundary by Heather Terrell - December 2
Books of Eva #2
Thoughts: Oh no, awful cover models! I do believe that this was another cover change for a series (wow, they sure do that a lot, don't they?). This is another one that I do not understand, though. Book one looked just fine with scenery and a symbol instead of people, so I'm not sure why they needed to change it up. The people look creepy, and it tell the reader nothing about the story. This is completely unsuccessful and unattractive.

6. Valley of Fires by Barton Mitchell - December 2
Conquered Earth #3
Thoughts: I do think that this cover is pretty well done, though I would say that book one and two in the series look much better than this one. I am a purple fan, so the color is pretty good, though I still think the other two are better. The scenery and title symbol are pretty cool, though I think that it would have been okay to leave off the people or fade them into the background a bit more.

7. The Boy with the Hidden Name by Skylar Dorset - December 2
Otherworld #2
Thoughts: This one certainly goes with the first book in the series, though I'm not sure how I feel about that one quite yet either. I do think that the idea is interesting, though where his arm is going through the ripple looks a bit off. It doesn't look like it's actually in the reflection. This one is fine, but I have seen much better covers.

Which cover is your favorite this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs