Saturday, November 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves [25]

I am joining in on Stacking The Shelves, a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's Reviews. It is an easy way to share what books you picked up that week, and to see what other people have picked up to read themselves.

How to Participate?
  • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
  • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!
  • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.
  • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!

THIS WEEK: 



Sorry I was so bad about posting this week! I really had intended to get several reviews up (which will now be up starting tomorrow, I swear!), but life got in the way. We had something every night this week, including spending Thursday night buying my husband a new car. I'm sure you guys know how long that can take! I am hoping to post every day in November, though, starting with this post tonight! I have made it a personal challenge and intend to stick with it!

Anyway, I didn't buy any books this week as we were so busy and had to worry about paying for other things. I did receive some books in the mail from Merit Press, though. I asked for four books that have already been published, and was pleasantly surprised when they were all sent to me! Can't wait to read them! Thanks again, Merit Press!

The After Girls by Leah Konen

Ella, Astrid, and Sydney were planning the perfect summer after high school graduation. But when Astrid commits suicide in a lonely cabin, the other girls' worlds are shattered. How could their best friend have done this--to herself and to them? They knew everything about Astrid. Shouldn't they have seen this coming? Couldn't they have saved her?

As Ella hunts for the truth, and Sydney tries to dull the pain, a chilling message from Astrid leaves them wondering whether their beloved friend is communicating from the after life. The girls embark on a journey to uncover Astrid's dark secrets. The answers to those questions--questions they never dreamed of asking--will change their lives forever.

 Screwed by Laurie Plissner 

Flattered by the attentions of Nick, the cutest guy in school, seventeen-year-old Grace Warren, captain of the math team, lets down her guard and gets pregnant the night she loses her virginity. Hopeful that Nick will drop to one knee and propose when she breaks the baby news to him, Grace is heartbroken - Nick wants nothing to do with her. Her best friend, Jennifer, thinks she should get an abortion, but Grace is certain that her morally upright parents will insist that she keep the baby. After she comes clean to her super-religious, strait-laced parents, they surprise her by insisting that she terminate the pregnancy to avoid humiliating the family. But when she sees the fetus on the ultrasound, she decides she can't get rid of it. Deciding to save the tiny life growing inside of her, Grace must face the consequences of being that girl - the good girl who got knocked up.

 Exposure by Kim Askew & Amy Helmes

Double, double, toil and trouble. Sometimes, the quest for high school royalty can be deadly! In this emotionally-charged twist on Shakespeare’s Macbeth, a self-conscious shutterbug named Skye Kingston navigates a treacherous school year in Alaska fraught with unspoken secrets and tragic twists of fate. Along the way she encounters three strangely prophetic BFFs; one social-climbing, sociopathic cheerleader; and a heart-stopping hottie named Craig McKenzie: the man who would be Prom King. Can Skye save the boy she loves — and herself — before they get caught in the crosshairs?

 Poor Little Dead Girls by Lizzie Friend

Perfect people aren't just born. They're made.

The first time she is blindfolded and kidnapped, star-athlete and posh boarding school newbie Sadie is terrified. She wakes up in a dark room surrounded by hushed whispers, hooded strangers, and a mysterious voice whispering not-so-sweet nothings in her ear.

But once the robes come off, she realizes it’s just an elaborate prank designed to induct her into the group that’s been pulling the strings at Keating Hall for generations. The circle has it all--incredible connections; fabulous parties; and, of course, an in with the brother society’s gorgeous pledges.

The instant popularity is enough to make Sadie forget about the unexplained marks on her body, the creepy ceremonial rituals, and the incident that befell one of her teammates the year before. So the next time Sadie is kidnapped, she isn’t scared, but she should be. The worst of Keating Hall is yet to come.

What did you add to your shelves this week?

16 comments:

  1. Nice! All totally new to me but I hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know of any of them either until I checked out Merit Press' website. I am super excited about them, though! Thanks for stopping by girl, I will definitely check out your post today! :]

      Delete
  2. I only got myself a few books from a Kindle sale, but didn't add anything to my physical shelves. Exposure sounds like fun, and the cover is very pretty. Hope you enjoy all of your books! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that, Kindle books can be so much less than physical books. I am sure you still added some great books to your kindle! I am very excited to read it, I do think that the cover is gorgeous as well! :] Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Heard The After Girls is good! Enjoy your haul and thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh nice they're all new to me but I hope you'll enjoy them. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are all pretty new to be as well, but I am hoping to enjoy them! :]

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of any of your books before, Tiffany, but they all look great! Poor Little Dead Girls sounds really creepy! I think I have to add it to my TBR :)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier, happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Poor Little Dead Girls sounds creepy as well, so I am so looking forward to reading it! Thank you for stopping by as well, I am glad that I could help you add another book to your TBR (though if you're anything like me, you probably have a toooon already!).

      Delete
  6. Poor Little Dead Girls sounds good! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it sound great? I'm so looking forward to reading it! Thanks for stopping by :]

      Delete
  7. Great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy them.
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/stacking-shelves.html#comment-form

    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow some of these sound really good, though this is the first I've heard of them! I definitely plan on checking out After Girls. And so amazing that they sent you all of them, congrats :) Hope you love them and have a great week!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  9. These covers are sooo gorgeous though. LOVE. I really love those blues of Exposure. It make me want to go look it up just because of the cover. xD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs