Wednesday, November 5, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo | Why I Blog

Welcome to Day 4 of the #BookBlogWriMo 2014 Challenge hosted by Book Bumblings! (Sorry, I know it's a day late! I ended up catching a stomach virus Monday, and I've done very little but lay around since then. Still not feeling great, but things must start to go on, I suppose.) Go back to my introduction post in order to get more information about this challenge! It's not too late to join in and participate. :]

Today's topic is:

Why I Blog 

I am sure that many of us probably have the same reasons for blogging, at least here in the book community. Mostly, I started my blog because I loved to read but did not have too many people to talk to about the books I was reading. My husband is not a reader, and my mom does not read a lot of young adult stuff. My oldest brother reads a lot of the same things, but we live an hour apart and he has a baby girl now, so it does not leave him a lot of time to chat about books. Starting a blog seemed like the best way to fix that problem. Suddenly I had a whole community of people who wanted to talk about the books I was reading/wanting to read, and that was awesome.

Another reason why I blog is because I really like to write. It has been something that I have enjoyed for awhile, though I never really wrote for other people to read before. Sure, I did my papers for school and what not, but that is completely different. It was pretty scary when I first started blogging and realized people would be reading what I write (and that they might actually want to read it), but it has been great. I feel that blogging has a ton of benefits to it, and I have been really enjoying it thus far.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoy blogging so much! Yes, the blog community is awesome, and it's great to meet people who share the same interest as you.

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/11/byronic-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs