Monday, November 3, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo | Where I Read

Welcome to Day 3 of the #BookBlogWriMo 2014 Challenge hosted by Book Bumblings! Go back to my introduction post in order to get more information about this challenge! It's not too late to join in and participate. :]

Today's topic is:

Where I Read

I really am not picky about where I will read; generally when I have time to read I try to make use of said time no matter where I am. When I am at home, more likely than not I am ready on the couch. I don't tend to read in bed too often because it is more likely that I will fall asleep and forget what I read and where I am in the book. I am not completely opposed to it, though. I also like to read when I take a bubble bath; nice and relaxing.

Everyday at school I have a fifteen minute period in one of my classes were my students do silent reading (It's a school wide reading initiative), so I get to read during that time, too. It's not the most ideal reading time since I do have to break pretty consistently to make sure that my students are actually reading and not causing trouble, but I usually manage to get two or three chapters in on a good day.

I absolutely cannot read when I am in a car or on an airplane, though. I get motion sickness pretty easily, and when I try to read while I'm moving like that it just makes the whole thing that much worse. I do think that I need to get more into audio books though, since I do spend at least two hours of my week days driving to and from work.

2 comments:

  1. I have that same thing when I'm in a car or a bus, and it's really almost a handicap! My theatre group and I were driving to Belgium for our performance this summer, and I'm really not used to driving for so long, and I just couldn't read. What do people do while being on the road when they can't read?! I tried audio books, but I can't seem to concentrate on them as much as I can on a book or on my kindle, when I'm actually reading the words. Very frustrating.

    - With love,
    Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh it would be awesome to have a teacher like you who let me have some reading time in class! That sounds awesome :D It's nice not to be too picky about where you read, and I understand about reading in bed and falling asleep. I am someone who does read in bed all the time, though xD My favourite place to do so, and in the middle of the day sometimes I climb inside just to read myself!

    Hehe :D

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/11/byronic-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs