Monday, October 27, 2014

Cover Concepts: October 26 - November 1

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :]

This Week: I took the week off from Cover Concepts last week because I felt like I needed a break from it. Since it's something that is usually fun for me, when it felt like a chore I decided a break was in order. I am back to it now, though. Here are the YA releases for the week!

1. Waterfall by Lauren Kate - October 28
Teardrop #2
 Thoughts: I am a bit confused by this cover because it does not match the first book in the series at all. On Goodreads it shows a different cover that would match, but that release date shows November 3rd, so I don't know what's going on there. The other cover is much better because I do not like this one at all. I hate that the model's face takes up the whole background, and I do not like the title across her face either. I do think that the title font would be cool if it was done differently.

2. Catalyst by S.J. Kincaid - October 28
Insignia #3
Thoughts: This cover certainly matches the other ones in the series, so that is great. I don't mind it too much, though it is kind of simple. I like the font and that the series title is much smaller than the actual title. I do like the design on the background, and the color is pretty nice as well. It's fine, but I'm not excited about it or anything.

3. Compulsion by Martina Boone - October 28
The Heirs of Watson Island #1
Thoughts: I am pretty intrigued by this cover, actually. I do appreciate when models are smaller and not the whole focus like this, though at first it did take me a moment to make sure that it was people in the middle of the pathway. I think that the background is beautiful and I like the design around the title. I like how everything is the sepia tint as well.

4. Get Happy by Mary Amato - October 28
Thoughts: This is a really poorly done, stereotypical contemporary cover. That is about all I have to say about it. Clearly I am not a fan.

5. Resisting Ruby Rose by Jessie Humphries - October 28
Ruby Rose #2
Thoughts: It definitely matches the cover of the first book, though I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. I like the colors and the dress on the model much better on the first book, too. I feel like they could have gotten much more creative instead of sticking with the same exact thing.

6. Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe - October 28
Earth & Sky #1
Thoughts: I like the illustrated effect of this cover. It seems like a mix of techniques and textures, which is intriguing. I am a HUGE fan of purple on a normal basis, but I do wish that they would have picked a different color to be the main focus as I do not love it here. I think it would have looked even better with a red.

7. Atlantia by Ally Condie - October 28
Thoughts: I know Condie from the Matched series, I own them though I have yet to read them. This cover reminds me a lot of those books, even though they are not related. It has some picture in the middle, a solid color background, and text. Yup, this is pretty much the Matched cover just with a shell instead of a girl in a bubble...

Which cover is your favorite this week? Don't forget to vote!


Which is Your Favorite Cover This Week?







pollcode.com free polls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs