Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame as Pieces of Art


It's Top Ten Tuesday time! I am linking up for the meme over at The Broke and the Bookish again this week. This week I am VERY excited about the prompt, as I am a big fan of book covers. I might be more critical of the book covers than the synopsis, actually. I just think that the cover is what really sells a book, so it is essential to have a great one. This week, I get to choose the top ten book covers that I would make into pieces of art, and there are some great ones out there!


My Life Next Door - I really like the colors in this one, what with the sun shining down on them and everything. I also just think it's very cute, and it would certainly express my love of contemporary books.
Pointe - This one is probably more due to my past in dance, but I think that this cover is absolutely beautiful. It is much darker than anything I would usually like, but I simply adore it.
Dear Killer - I know, the name isn't sweet by any means, and I do know what the book is about, but I can't help but to love the cover. I love the colors and how simplistic it is, but I also love the font and the handwritten words in the background.


Endless - I love the colors in this one; they are so soft and lovely. It definitely helps that I absolutely fell in love with this book, which makes me love it that much more. It just seems so timeless to me, though.
Orenda - Isn't this lovely? I think the water, reflection, lighting, night sky all work wonderfully together in this cover picture. I feel like I see something new every time because there is so much to see, and that would make it more interesting to have on a wall.(**watch for a review of this one next week!**)
Tumble & Fall - I have a huge thing for ampersands; I love them. Naturally, I love that the main part of the cover includes one. The rest of the cover works really well together, too, and it just looks like a wonderful love story.


The Deep End of the Sea - I feel like there have been a lot of book covers with water, and while I do not have a problem with that, there are some that I really don't like. Some seem like they are trying too hard, if that makes sense. This one is great, though, and I love the emotion it emits.
And We Stay - I am not sure what draws me to this cover so much, but I cannot help but to feel that way, either. Part of it is because I stand like this all of the time. My arms crossed over my body like I'm cold (I'm not) and everyone always asks if I am. I guess it just reminds me of myself.
Kiss Kill Vanish - What's not to love about this cover? I love the bold font, the splash of color, and not to mention how it's almost difficult to see the girl in the back, like she's literally vanishing. I like it a lot.

In order to not have one on its own line (because that would drive me crazy), I'm just going to go with nine. I feel like I could go on forever, though. There are so many wonderful covers out there! Which ones would you frame?


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I can't believe I forgot Kiss, Kill, Vanish! I love that cover too! I'd definitely hang that up on my wall.

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs