Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/TV Shows
Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! As always, I am linking up over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week I am talking about the top ten books I'd like to see as movies or television shows. Wow, I'm sorry I have been so MIA. With the school year wrapping up (5 days left!), things have been busy and hectic over here. I have every intention of getting back to my daily blogging next Tuesday once school is officially out for summer! For now, I thought that this TTT prompt would be a fun one to complete!
1. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass - I feel like this one would make a really fun television show. Sure, it's a lot like the Bachelor, but it's SO much better than that. I am only in the beginning of book two, but I love the characters, and I think that it would be fun to see them on the television screen.
2. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga - I think that this would make a really great romantic drama movie for teens. I thought that the book was beautifully written, and while about a dark topic, it was not depressing. I think that they could do some wonderful things with it on the big screen.
3. Popular by Maya Van Wagenen - This would make for a really fun documentary style show/movie. If you have read the book, then you know it's a memoir about a girl who used this old how-to book in order to attempt to become popular. Seeing the steps fulfilled on the screen could prove to be pretty amusing!
4. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau - This series would make a fantastic set of movies. It's another dystopian trilogy, and those have been doing pretty well in the box office, I would say. I enjoyed this far more than I enjoyed THG books, so I would love to see it turned into a movie.
5. SNOW LIKE ASHES by Sara Raasch - So far only the first book in this series has been released, and I already know that the whole series would make an incredible series of movies. This has been my favorite book so far this year, and I cannot wait for the next one. There is just the right amount of action and romance in this one to make it a perfect best selling film.
6. Some Boys by Parry Blount - I feel like this one could easily be made into one of those ABC Family television shows - you know the ones, like Pretty Little Liars and Bunheads. It's got a good plot and foundation, and they could certainly feed off the drama to make it into a full length show.
7. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell - This would definitely make for a very interesting movie, I think. It's not too often you have movies with teenage serial killers who take suggestions on who they should kill. I think it could be done well as long as cheesiness is avoided, no Lifetime movies!
8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - I am sure that this one will probably show up on a lot of lists today, and for good reason. Would it not be incredible to see this world and the characters on the big screen? I think it would be completely amazing, and I do hope that it actually happens in the future.
9. The Screaming Divas by Suzanne Kamata - This one I COULD see becoming a good Lifetime movie, as it has all the necessary components (I do love me some Lifetime movies). It's a group of teenage girls, all dealing with different family/personal issues in life, coming together to form a band and deal with life. Screams Lifetime Original Movie, don't you think?
10. We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist - I don't think that a movie/show should be based on this book, but I do think that it could definitely spark an idea for a new reality show. Have people confront their exes about why they broke up, or didn't give them a chance to go out on a date. Could be super dramatic, right?