Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books


Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! As always, I am linking up over at The Broke and the Bookish, and this week I am talking about my favorite inspirational quotes from books. I really love quotes, and I love finding ones that really speak to me as I'm reading a good book. Let's be honest, I could have a huge list of Harry Potter quotes and be done, but I don't want to do that! Instead, I'll stick to one HP quote and share some from other books I enjoyed as well. Here are ten quotes from books that really inspire me...

1. "We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."
-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

2. "But I believe in true love, you know? I don't believe that everybody gets to keep their eyes or not get sick or whatever, but everybody should have true love, and it should last at least as long as your life does." 
-John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

3. "Nothing is perfect. Flaws are interesting. Be the tree." 
-Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak

4. "In your entire life, you can probably count your true friends on one hand. Maybe even one finger. Those are the friends you need to cherish, and I wouldn't trade one of them for a hundred of the other kind. I'd rather be completely alone than with a bunch of people who aren't real. People who are just passing time."
-Sarah Ockler, Fixing Delilah

5. "Things don't always work out the way we hope. You just have to pick yourself up and find a new direction to go in." 
-Joelle Charbonneau, The Testing

6. "Some things don't last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there." 
-Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby

7. "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." 
-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

8. "I will be stronger than my sadness."
-Jasmine Warga, My Heart and Other Black Holes

9. "Do not accept an evil you can change." 
-E. Lockhart, We Were Liars

10. "Someday we will be more than words in the dark." 
-Sara Raasch, Snow Like Ashes

1 comment:

  1. OOoh nice quotes! Love the HP one! Basically any HP quote is a win!! And nice! I chose this one from Snow Like Ashes too! Had 3 from that one that are all quite popular!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs