Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Reader/Book Blogger:
Today I am linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for my very first go at Top Ten Tuesday, and I am very excited about it! (I wish I could have posted it this morning, but as I have an hour drive to work, I didn't have time to get it together.) Anyway, it is still Tuesday, so here we go!
1. I love being a reader because...books can create so many different worlds when you open them and begin to read. Sometimes, the best way to deal with stress is to find a way to get away from it for awhile. Reading a book is a great (and fairly inexpensive) way to go about doing this. After a long day at work, I love to lay in bed and read before I allow myself to drift off to sleep. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.
2. I love being a book blogger because...it is something completely new for me (literally, within the last couple of weeks). I am starting to realize that sometimes new = very, very good. This book blogger thing definitely falls into that category. It has gotten me out of my comfort zone a little, and I think that is a good thing.
3. I love being a reader because...it makes me a good role model for my middle school students, and for my own future children. I fear that reading is becoming less and less popular with the new generations, and it is not something I want to disappear. When I tell my students why it is so important to read, I can back it up. Never has a student been able to say "Why do we have to read if you don't?" Plus, sometimes we have read the same books, so we can discuss them and build a relationship.
4. I love being a book blogger because...it is a step in the right direction for me (at least I feel that way). Ultimately, my goal is to become a published author. One of the best things to do in order to achieve that is to write as much as I possibly can. My blog will give me the ability to do just that, and I am looking forward to it.
5. I love being a reader because...who doesn't need a hobby? Honestly, I went through a reading rut, and after awhile I realized just how tired I was of watching television. I can only take so much of it now. Most weekends, I would rather turn off the television now and read a book, and I love that feeling. I love that I have a hobby that is impacted me in a positive way, and helping to build my knowledge.
6. I love being a book blogger because...it is nice to have a place to write about what I think of the books that I read. To get my thoughts down, and have the chance that someone else might want to read it (even if it's just my family...and maybe due to slight obligation ;). Sometimes it is really nice to just get everything out. While I have always journaled about these things, it's nice to get them out there on the web as well.
7. I love being a reader because...I love falling in love with characters. I also absolutely love hating characters. It is amazing, reading books and making up your mind about the different characters based on their personalities and actions. You feel everything they feel (or so it seems), and feel a connection to them despite them being fictional characters. I just love that feeling!
8. I love being a book blogger because...it is great to meet people that have the same interests as I do. It is always wonderful to find more people who would be okay with talking about books almost constantly (which I feel like that is what I do lately, even at work). I know that there are wonderful communities of people online, and I look forward to meeting more of you through the book blogging community.
9. I love being a reader because...it inspires me. Like I said, I do hope to be an author, and it is only because I fell in love with the words of other writers that I wanted to do this. Books can speak so much to you, make you feel so much, and it is a wonderful thing to experience as you read. I only hope to be able to cause people to experience that with my books in the future.
10. I love being a book blogger because...it opens you up to brand new opportunities. Perhaps getting to talk to an author you love (the thought of that is just completely exciting), you get to read books before other people, and then tell them about how wonderful it is and how they should pick it up when it is released. There are so many great things about blogging about books.